• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Beginners Things You Shouldn't Do at the Gym

X

xylene

Being a newcomer to the gym myself joining and hitting the gym for the first time can be a bit nerve racking and intimidating. How to behave yourself at the gym is mostly common sense , but to help you here are a few things that beginners should take note of when starting at a gym.

1. The most important one don't skip the New Member Orientation,
  2. Be punctual to all classes don't expect instructors to explain everything over again just for you.
  3. When using unfamiliar equipment don't be afraid to ask for help.
  4. Don't show up smelling totally nasty and funky
  5. Don't drop heavy weights, slam things around and a pet hate of alot of people exaggerated grunting or screeching noises. no one likes to be distracted
  6. After you have used the equipment w ipe up sweat
  7. Read the rules before using equipment.
  8. Remember where you put your towel, so that you end up grabbing someone else's towel by mistake.
  9. When showering don't ask to borrow other people's stuff(soap,deodarant , powder,brush etc)
  10. The gym is not a social gathering don't waste your time chatting to others or talking on mobile phones
  11. The gym is not a playground

Another one is the put the weights back on the rack after you've finished with them. people don't like unloading the weights of others before they can use it. Just yesterday, some guy finished with the leg press, and left all 400kgs on it. Then a girl needed to use it, and had to unload 380kgs of that to use it.

ah yes putting weights back on the rack when your done , always a biggie

Number 10.
I catch with my friend when we train. We don't stop and chat for ages, we just chat while training. I'm sure others see gym time as social time witht their friends also.

Number 10.
I catch with my friend when we train. We don't stop and chat for ages, we just chat while training. I'm sure others see gym time as social time witht their friends also.

what i meant was spending more time chatting rather then working out

People on mobile phones , mobile phone just annnoy me anyway people discussing private matters in public for all to hear , and if look in their direction they give you the dirty look like your invading their privacy. at the gym it drives me mad people on the machines shouting down the phone "I'm in the gym, what ? I cant hear you ... I'M IN THE GYM".

oh and another , the couple that practically maul each other in the gym, get a bedroom

Fair enough if your expecting an emergency call or something. My phones go into my locker as soon as I get there and don't come out again until I leave.

People that use more than one set of equipment at a time will get on my nerves. Big no no!

People on mobile phones , mobile phone just annnoy me anyway people discussing private matters in public for all to hear , and if look in their direction they give you the dirty look like your invading their privacy. at the gym it drives me mad people on the machines shouting down the phone "I'm in the gym, what ? I cant hear you ... I'M IN THE GYM".

oh and another , the couple that practically maul each other in the gym, get a bedroom

Fair enough if your expecting an emergency call or something. My phones go into my locker as soon as I get there and don't come out again until I leave.

Hell yeah...thats shits me to absolute tears....
You just feel like introducing them to phone sex and slamming the phone where there mum never kiss'em