• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
1. it means that between each rep on squats you take a couple of big deep breaths, essentially turning a set into 10 singles rather than a set of 10 without re-racking the bar. long term it means you will be able to lift more weight for a set of 10 than if you tried doing all 10 reps in 10 seconds

2. do them in the order above, rest is just however much you need/want, add 2.5kg every time you make all 3 sets

3. doesn't matter do whatever is most convenient

Thanks for the quick response Graham, I best be off to bed so I can start in the morning before work then :p

1. it means that between each rep on squats you take a couple of big deep breaths, essentially turning a set into 10 singles rather than a set of 10 without re-racking the bar. long term it means you will be able to lift more weight for a set of 10 than if you tried doing all 10 reps in 10 seconds

2. do them in the order above, rest is just however much you need/want, add 2.5kg every time you make all 3 sets

3. doesn't matter do whatever is most convenient

Thanks for the quick response Graham, I best be off to bed so I can start in the morning before work then :p

Sorry one more question: military press standing or seated or it doesn't matter?

Sorry one more question: military press standing or seated or it doesn't matter?

No such thing as a seated military press, its seated overhead press or seated shoulder press. People use the term 'military press' to loosely these days.

No such thing as a seated military press, its seated overhead press or seated shoulder press. People use the term 'military press' to loosely these days.

"I dont care what your bodyweight is, get bigger, its why your lifting. Bodyweight is not an excuse."

So your trying to tell everyone that someone who weighs 100kgs and lifts 140kgs in any lift, is not a beginner. But someone who is 60kgs and lifts 139kgs is? and is also not as strong?

Someone who is 60kgs who lifts nearly what a 100kg'er does is more impressive, more experienced, more focused, more determined, and a all round more of a defined athlete. But because he/she does not have as dense a bone structure, different genes means he/she is actually just as you say... "a beginner if you cant bench 100kg, squat 140kg and deadlift 180kg"

Sorry if i dont waste my time reading the other 75 pages of other rubbish you have tried to tell others.

"I dont care what your bodyweight is, get bigger, its why your lifting. Bodyweight is not an excuse."

So your trying to tell everyone that someone who weighs 100kgs and lifts 140kgs in any lift, is not a beginner. But someone who is 60kgs and lifts 139kgs is? and is also not as strong?

Someone who is 60kgs who lifts nearly what a 100kg'er does is more impressive, more experienced, more focused, more determined, and a all round more of a defined athlete. But because he/she does not have as dense a bone structure, different genes means he/she is actually just as you say... "a beginner if you cant bench 100kg, squat 140kg and deadlift 180kg"

Sorry if i dont waste my time reading the other 75 pages of other rubbish you have tried to tell others.

You obviously are a beginner and you can't make the lifts, seems you should read the other 75 pages at is seems you have wasted plenty of time in the gym already if you recon you have trained long enough not to consider yourself a beginner yet you can't make lifts most will do after three months of training:p

You obviously are a beginner and you can't make the lifts, seems you should read the other 75 pages at is seems you have wasted plenty of time in the gym already if you recon you have trained long enough not to consider yourself a beginner yet you can't make lifts most will do after three months of training:p

Strength = most amount of weight moved.

What you described is a body weight : strength ratio.

If a 180kg powerlifter squats 400kg, and a 100kg powerlifter squats 300kg.

Who is stronger? The 180kg powerlifer, he moved more weight = stronger. Who as the better strength : body weight ratio, the 100kg lifter.

What he meant by "I dont care what your bodyweight is, get bigger, its why your lifting. Bodyweight is not an excuse."

I believe is that if your a skinny 60kg guy and can't make those lifts then guess what, gain weight.

Strength = most amount of weight moved.

What you described is a body weight : strength ratio.

If a 180kg powerlifter squats 400kg, and a 100kg powerlifter squats 300kg.

Who is stronger? The 180kg powerlifer, he moved more weight = stronger. Who as the better strength : body weight ratio, the 100kg lifter.

What he meant by "I dont care what your bodyweight is, get bigger, its why your lifting. Bodyweight is not an excuse."

I believe is that if your a skinny 60kg guy and can't make those lifts then guess what, gain weight.

At just over 70kg I made the deadlift in 5(?) months and got to a 135kg squat in 12 (bench I fractured my shoulder so have gone backwards)
The figures aren't too far off

140/100/180 (taken from 300/200/400lb originally) aren't exactly earth shattering figures, even for a sub 70kg lifter

At just over 70kg I made the deadlift in 5(?) months and got to a 135kg squat in 12 (bench I fractured my shoulder so have gone backwards)
The figures aren't too far off

140/100/180 (taken from 300/200/400lb originally) aren't exactly earth shattering figures, even for a sub 70kg lifter