• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
This program is good for beginners and also getting back into it after a long break.

I do this or similar after a break.

This program is good for beginners and also getting back into it after a long break.

I do this or similar after a break.

I like the back to basics approach, and will be using basic supplements as well including multi vitamin/nutrient, fish oil capsules, Glucosamine joint restore, creatine and protein powder.

i dont believe u have to look fat just because u do PL. Returning to basics has made my lifting more fun now. Chasing numbers gives me a goal.

Currently 35 years old/ 80kg as the pics below were taken.
Have 2 jobs (70 hours a week) a new born bay to look after and am 12% BFish. Ive been doing powerlifting programming for the last 2 years now. Current lifts are 180/130/185 (last time i measured my 1rm)

I like the back to basics approach, and will be using basic supplements as well including multi vitamin/nutrient, fish oil capsules, Glucosamine joint restore, creatine and protein powder.

i dont believe u have to look fat just because u do PL. Returning to basics has made my lifting more fun now. Chasing numbers gives me a goal.

Currently 35 years old/ 80kg as the pics below were taken.
Have 2 jobs (70 hours a week) a new born bay to look after and am 12% BFish. Ive been doing powerlifting programming for the last 2 years now. Current lifts are 180/130/185 (last time i measured my 1rm)

Don't trust those body fat scales. I have a set that constantly say I have +35% bf which is far from correct.

Some have a setting for athletes, I know my set does. If I have it set normally mine reads 27% and on the athlete setting it's around 11%. it took me over a year to realise mine had that setting, have a play with it yours may have it too

Don't trust those body fat scales. I have a set that constantly say I have +35% bf which is far from correct.

Some have a setting for athletes, I know my set does. If I have it set normally mine reads 27% and on the athlete setting it's around 11%. it took me over a year to realise mine had that setting, have a play with it yours may have it too

I don't think mine's that tech... :(

I don't think mine's that tech... :(

I have used the scales before and they seemed to reduce body fat % when I lost weight, so they must do something, but I am sure they are NOT accurate, but give an indication.

But trust me I know I need to lose some body fat, and I do not need scales to tell me this, only using the scales as a guide not a be all and end all.

Will post up my lifting results in my signaure once I have done this work out and set myself a bench mark, I have no idea how I willl go, so this will be interesting to see.

I have used the scales before and they seemed to reduce body fat % when I lost weight, so they must do something, but I am sure they are NOT accurate, but give an indication.

But trust me I know I need to lose some body fat, and I do not need scales to tell me this, only using the scales as a guide not a be all and end all.

Will post up my lifting results in my signaure once I have done this work out and set myself a bench mark, I have no idea how I willl go, so this will be interesting to see.

back on beginners program legit. Was doing 5x5 bench and a few extra reps here and there for other exercises. Don't do bb curls though. Do weighted pullups instead. Also adding dips just cause I farking love em :)

back on beginners program legit. Was doing 5x5 bench and a few extra reps here and there for other exercises. Don't do bb curls though. Do weighted pullups instead. Also adding dips just cause I farking love em :)

Yeah, pullups are a hell of a lot better compound exercise than curls for sure! I ripped the hip flexor tendon off the pelvis and was unable to do pullups simply because of the amount of core work required. Don't realise it until you can't do it because of something like that. Wide grips use more lats and less core as I was able to do these ones first before I could go back to regular shoulder width pullups.

Yeah, pullups are a hell of a lot better compound exercise than curls for sure! I ripped the hip flexor tendon off the pelvis and was unable to do pullups simply because of the amount of core work required. Don't realise it until you can't do it because of something like that. Wide grips use more lats and less core as I was able to do these ones first before I could go back to regular shoulder width pullups.