• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
what about doing bench press with dumbbells as opposed to barbells?

Nope, stick to Barbell, it is written with basics so you gain strength and technique as well. Using dumbbells won't enable you to develop a proper bench press form.

Once you been on this program for a few months and have gained strength/form/balance you can by all means add some dumbell work mate.

But do the beginner program as it is written, don't fiddle fuck about changing shit up......Believe me it works, I did it and am glad I did.

Graeme

what about doing bench press with dumbbells as opposed to barbells?

Nope, stick to Barbell, it is written with basics so you gain strength and technique as well. Using dumbbells won't enable you to develop a proper bench press form.

Once you been on this program for a few months and have gained strength/form/balance you can by all means add some dumbell work mate.

But do the beginner program as it is written, don't fiddle fuck about changing shit up......Believe me it works, I did it and am glad I did.

Graeme

Thanks Graeme for the quick responses, you've been a huge help. Was pretty scared about asking those questions as I am a newbie. Im looking forward to tomorrow workout and making some serious gains in the near future

Thanks Graeme for the quick responses, you've been a huge help. Was pretty scared about asking those questions as I am a newbie. Im looking forward to tomorrow workout and making some serious gains in the near future

Imo DB vs BB is moot if you are doing it for body building purposes, eg there is no reason you need to be better at one or the other. If your goal is powerlifting then BB for sure.

DB has the advantage of no spotter is needed, also trains the stabilising muscles more which when you are a newbie can't be a bad thing.

Imo DB vs BB is moot if you are doing it for body building purposes, eg there is no reason you need to be better at one or the other. If your goal is powerlifting then BB for sure.

DB has the advantage of no spotter is needed, also trains the stabilising muscles more which when you are a newbie can't be a bad thing.

^ IMO, unless you're specifically training for PL, DB vs BB is moot. So not just if you're training for bodybuilding, but for any purpose other than powerlifting, it's just not that important.

^ IMO, unless you're specifically training for PL, DB vs BB is moot. So not just if you're training for bodybuilding, but for any purpose other than powerlifting, it's just not that important.

So on this programme can you do normal deadlift instead of sldl? Are these straight leg deadlift or stiff leg deadlift? And what is a Romanian deadlift?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

So on this programme can you do normal deadlift instead of sldl? Are these straight leg deadlift or stiff leg deadlift? And what is a Romanian deadlift?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2