• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
"I dont care what your bodyweight is, get bigger, its why your lifting. Bodyweight is not an excuse."

So your trying to tell everyone that someone who weighs 100kgs and lifts 140kgs in any lift, is not a beginner. But someone who is 60kgs and lifts 139kgs is? and is also not as strong?

Someone who is 60kgs who lifts nearly what a 100kg'er does is more impressive, more experienced, more focused, more determined, and a all round more of a defined athlete. But because he/she does not have as dense a bone structure, different genes means he/she is actually just as you say... "a beginner if you cant bench 100kg, squat 140kg and deadlift 180kg"

Sorry if i dont waste my time reading the other 75 pages of other rubbish you have tried to tell others.

Any male that can't get those numbers is a beginner. I would make an exception if you are under 5 foot tall. If not you should weigh more than 60kg anyway.

"I dont care what your bodyweight is, get bigger, its why your lifting. Bodyweight is not an excuse."

So your trying to tell everyone that someone who weighs 100kgs and lifts 140kgs in any lift, is not a beginner. But someone who is 60kgs and lifts 139kgs is? and is also not as strong?

Someone who is 60kgs who lifts nearly what a 100kg'er does is more impressive, more experienced, more focused, more determined, and a all round more of a defined athlete. But because he/she does not have as dense a bone structure, different genes means he/she is actually just as you say... "a beginner if you cant bench 100kg, squat 140kg and deadlift 180kg"

Sorry if i dont waste my time reading the other 75 pages of other rubbish you have tried to tell others.

Any male that can't get those numbers is a beginner. I would make an exception if you are under 5 foot tall. If not you should weigh more than 60kg anyway.

I made the bench, got stuck at 130kg for squat & 170kg for DL @78kg Tried for AGES to get to the 140/100/180 but then switched to PPP. Now squat 152.5kg & have DL'd 185 and currently on 200kg program at 79kg.

IMO, as long as you persist long enough that you think you have actually reached the limit of the program i.e. a few deloads, then you could switch to something else.

I made the bench, got stuck at 130kg for squat & 170kg for DL @78kg Tried for AGES to get to the 140/100/180 but then switched to PPP. Now squat 152.5kg & have DL'd 185 and currently on 200kg program at 79kg.

IMO, as long as you persist long enough that you think you have actually reached the limit of the program i.e. a few deloads, then you could switch to something else.

Second session into this program after an 18 month period of inactivity.

Geez it kicks your ass!

I previously did stronglifts 5x5 and got my 3RMs to 80 BP 150 SQ 150 DL from quiet low numbers but developed tendonitis in my elbow in the process...

It'll be interesting to see how this program compares in terms of both my strength and joint health.

Second session into this program after an 18 month period of inactivity.

Geez it kicks your ass!

I previously did stronglifts 5x5 and got my 3RMs to 80 BP 150 SQ 150 DL from quiet low numbers but developed tendonitis in my elbow in the process...

It'll be interesting to see how this program compares in terms of both my strength and joint health.

I am an absolute beginner so sorry if I sound dumb. Just started the program on monday and can feel the toll it takes on my body. There are a few questions I had.

How long am i supposed to rest between sets?

I am very weak at barbell bench press raw and squats raw so someone said to use the smith machine to get correct form until i got it sussed, is this okay?

Also what am I to do on the rest days?

Oh can I do the bench press with dumbbells rather than barbells as its easier for me at the moment

P.S. what are breathing squats and am i supposed to do them on this program

I know these may sound dumb but I want to achieve the best possible results for myself

Thanks
Ryan

Last edited:
I am an absolute beginner so sorry if I sound dumb. Just started the program on monday and can feel the toll it takes on my body. There are a few questions I had.

I am very weak at barbell bench press raw and squats raw so someone said to use the smith machine to get correct form until i got it sussed, is this okay?

Oh can I do the bench press with dumbbells rather than barbells as its easier for me at the moment

I know these may sound dumb but I want to achieve the best possible results for myself

Thanks
Ryan

Thanks
Ryan

Take plenty of rest, 3min if needed (or more)....I did and still do sometimes when its heavy.

Stay away from smith machine.....not a useful machine to gain correct form....in fact whoever told you that is not to be listened to period.

Rest on rest days, or do something that won't affect your performance on training days.

Breathing squats.....do routine as it is written, you can add these when you are more competent.

Thanks
Ryan

Take plenty of rest, 3min if needed (or more)....I did and still do sometimes when its heavy.

Stay away from smith machine.....not a useful machine to gain correct form....in fact whoever told you that is not to be listened to period.

Rest on rest days, or do something that won't affect your performance on training days.

Breathing squats.....do routine as it is written, you can add these when you are more competent.