• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Stupid question I'm sure... but do you mean 1 RM for those weight targets PTC, or do you mean making all sets and reps (3 x 8) ? ie, 100kg 1 rep bench OR 100kg 3 sets x 8 reps?

Stupid question I'm sure... but do you mean 1 RM for those weight targets PTC, or do you mean making all sets and reps (3 x 8) ? ie, 100kg 1 rep bench OR 100kg 3 sets x 8 reps?

Don't think there is a set benchmark figure. If your goal is to get to a 100kg 1rm, and you're doing 3x8 to get there, then as you increase the weight steadily you play it by ear as you get closer, play around with the reps and you'll have a fair idea how close you are.

Using your example of 3x8 @ 80kg, if you get to that point then you might want to try a set with 5 reps at say 90. If you did that fairly easily, then you'd know you're pretty close. When you think you're close just give it a shot and see how you go. I'm no expert because I can't do it yet, but just saying that's the way I'd approach it.

Don't think there is a set benchmark figure. If your goal is to get to a 100kg 1rm, and you're doing 3x8 to get there, then as you increase the weight steadily you play it by ear as you get closer, play around with the reps and you'll have a fair idea how close you are.

Using your example of 3x8 @ 80kg, if you get to that point then you might want to try a set with 5 reps at say 90. If you did that fairly easily, then you'd know you're pretty close. When you think you're close just give it a shot and see how you go. I'm no expert because I can't do it yet, but just saying that's the way I'd approach it.

I hate squats...I am doing EVERYTHING else on the program...am I missing a lot?

Cheers

I hate squats...I am doing EVERYTHING else on the program...am I missing a lot?

Cheers

I used to miss squats because i didnt have a rack, just did more deads.
So I've taken to whatever i can clean, push press over head lower to shoulders and squat. I love squats now.

Why don't you like squats?

I used to miss squats because i didnt have a rack, just did more deads.
So I've taken to whatever i can clean, push press over head lower to shoulders and squat. I love squats now.

Why don't you like squats?