• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Beginner program!!!!!??? WHAT TO DO!?!!!

The beginner routine is best for beginners, its not a powerlifting or strength specific program. Its a beginner lifter routine. Run it, develop good form, build neural pathways, strengthen your joints and stabilisers along with your prime-movers, then in a few months you might be ready to move onto a bodybuilding specific routine.

Those anti-powerlifting people need to stop getting their wires crossed. There's no such thing as a beginner powerlifter or beginner bodybuilder, there are just beginners.

El Freako, I think you post in every beginner section and they never listen.

Australia is so fucking far behind America. If you want to get bigger, your going to have to get stronger, and your going to have to eat. And that means squatting, benching, deadlifting 2-3 times a week.

Lift heavy shit often. And eat like it's your last day on earth. Too many of you are worried about having a six pack and will spend years doing preacher curls and tricep kick backs.

Lol well I'm just getting confused with all these different programs! I have been training, last week I did the begInners program, this week I'm trying the max ot program! See how it goes :)

Thanks for the replies everybody!

Lol well I'm just getting confused with all these different programs! I have been training, last week I did the begInners program, this week I'm trying the max ot program! See how it goes :)

Thanks for the replies everybody!

Just choose one and stick with it.

Yeah well at the moment I'm just going to stick to the max ot and keep working on my diet :) I actually prefer max ot/ training 1 muscle per day so should be good!

Yeah well at the moment I'm just going to stick to the max ot and keep working on my diet :) I actually prefer max ot/ training 1 muscle per day so should be good!
Won't be good, but its your body your choice.

You wanna play with the big boys then lift big things. You wanna ego boost and talk shit with the bro boys then do iso kickbacks. Again your choice.

Cheers,
Mike

Won't be good, but its your body your choice.

You wanna play with the big boys then lift big things. You wanna ego boost and talk shit with the bro boys then do iso kickbacks. Again your choice.

Cheers,
Mike

Nothing wrong with max ot, you thow in what you want to do, you can still squat deadlift and bench. Reps are nice and heavy 4-6. I don't see a problem with it.

Nothing wrong with max ot, you thow in what you want to do, you can still squat deadlift and bench. Reps are nice and heavy 4-6. I don't see a problem with it.
Fair enough, but it sounds too much like ASN's Max-IT programme to me. That's an advanced bodybuilding programme with a bodypart split focus and a heap of different exercises. Definately something I wouldn't recommend to a noob who is still learning how to lift. I've still got it in the bottom of my gym bag somewhere. Used it for about a year for minimal gains. Switched to PTCs beginners and now PPP programme and am seeing big gains in all three lifts and muscle growth to go with it. Back and legs the obvious big gainers and I don't reckon you'll get that doing dumbell rows and leg press. Just IMO, but the big three is it for me, all the rest is window dressing.

Cheers,
Mike

Fair enough, but it sounds too much like ASN's Max-IT programme to me. That's an advanced bodybuilding programme with a bodypart split focus and a heap of different exercises. Definately something I wouldn't recommend to a noob who is still learning how to lift. I've still got it in the bottom of my gym bag somewhere. Used it for about a year for minimal gains. Switched to PTCs beginners and now PPP programme and am seeing big gains in all three lifts and muscle growth to go with it. Back and legs the obvious big gainers and I don't reckon you'll get that doing dumbell rows and leg press. Just IMO, but the big three is it for me, all the rest is window dressing.

Cheers,
Mike

No its allot different to that asn crap lol. Just based on heavy compound movements 4-6 rep range finishing off with iso work if desired. I enjoy it after doing westside for 8 years. In fact my bench has gone up lol. Im fairly instictive though when it comes to training and will change things up from time to time, but you don't get to my bodyweight with out knowing a thing or to about training lol.

No its allot different to that asn crap lol. Just based on heavy compound movements 4-6 rep range finishing off with iso work if desired. I enjoy it after doing westside for 8 years. In fact my bench has gone up lol. Im fairly instictive though when it comes to training and will change things up from time to time, but you don't get to my bodyweight with out knowing a thing or to about training lol.
OK, I take back what I said then. I read AST Max OT and thought ASN Max IT. All a bit bloody confusing. You had to sign up to AST in order to get the programme so I didn't bother going any further.

Cheers,
Mike

Yeah i think it's a pretty legit program guys, i'm feeling good after the fisrt week :)

i will stick to this and see how it goes!

I've been doing a similar program for the past 6 months and gained about 10kg. This was after a couple years of doing a mix of compounds and iso workouts. I was also taking every supplement under the sun.

I made my real gains when I started concentrating on compounds, and cut out all of the bullshit sups. Make sure you eat well and eat HEAPS. You might need a protein shake here and there to help fill in the gaps of your diet, but don't waste your money on supplements. Meat, veggies, eggs, oats, milk, tuna.

Good luck!

I've been doing a similar program for the past 6 months and gained about 10kg. This was after a couple years of doing a mix of compounds and iso workouts. I was also taking every supplement under the sun.

I made my real gains when I started concentrating on compounds, and cut out all of the bullshit sups. Make sure you eat well and eat HEAPS. You might need a protein shake here and there to help fill in the gaps of your diet, but don't waste your money on supplements. Meat, veggies, eggs, oats, milk, tuna.

Good luck!

Hey Zink, Im going to make that my permanent shopping list, thanks!

And I just realised it's easier just to remember VOMMET!!

Veggies
Oats
Meat
Milk
Eggs
Tuna

haha very proud of myself for that one, cheers!

Haha nice one mate! i haven't really made much progress as i've been away on a holiday so most of the time i was just eating whatever and drinking booze lol

started back at the gym on Monday and I'm also gonna try stick to a diet! i find preparation is such a drainer and am often too lazy to do it :( need a personal chef :D lol

I think i'll start getting serious at the gym starting next year cause i also have my 21st at the start of december then thailand for new years so no doubt there's gonna be a lot of partying/ drinking/ sleepless nights which isnt going to do anything for my progress!!! hmmmmm maybe that can be my new years resoloution: Get massive; Be healthy hahah :)

Last edited: