• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

bcaa worth it ?

Each to their own I guess. My bcaa's are cheaper then that. Protein coverts to bcaa's in your body anyway. And if your cutting you should be dropping your carb intake not your protein intake as you need as much clean protein as possible and considering it has a low conversion to fat it's the way to go. Look into a cheaper bulk protein and add your own bcaa's, it's allot cheaper the buying max's super anabolic pump with bcaa's.

I eat almost zero carbs mon-friday, and reload carbs on the weekend. I weigh ~110kg so getting enough protien while only have around 2k calories is hard.

More about my diet here:
http://ausbb.com/member-training-diaries/14012-nathanblogs-road-bigger-squat.html

Nathan your paying wayyyy too much for your stuff.

Protein is a whole collection of Amino Acids including BCAA and EAA. So dont believe the marketing BS unless 1 brand has actually dumped in EXTRA BCAA powder into theirs, otherwise theyd all roughly contain the same amount given the same type of protein.

You should definately take BCAA (maybe with some EAA) whilst doing your cardio runs etc especially as your in a "starvation" type diet.

Go to purebulk.com and get bulk stuff of whatever you need. Make your own "pump" drinks etc for a lot cheaper. Their prices especially with usd almost same as aud is cheap as and add in my coupon code VIP and you get another 10% off(assuming code still works).
You could also try iherb and other places too.

Gaucheharbor:
Overall I agree with your last post except that whilst cutting you shouldnt cut your carb too much and though you shouldnt try to cut your protein you would need to re-evaluate your protein sources ie the type of foods and their calories/contents and upping your powder content to still stay calorie deficit.

That place is only slightly cheaper then what I paid, I am buying pure bcaa which is 90 servers (1.1kgs) of pure bcaa with nothing else, it isn't some protien mix.

Will take it with the cardio aswell though.

Last edited:
Yeah I'd say BCAA's are worth it, Layne Norton has done some interesting research on them. the theories look promising