• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

battling ropes

joshlim

i am keen to start some battling rope training, after googling and looking at a few online stores + ebay

i have come for advice on what should i get, 1.5" 2 "
i believe 15 m is standard length, but its not the question here eh :D

any thoughts on material?
i foresee myself /probably be using it on a public grass field (cricket /footy field)
and gym rubber flooring if i can bothered/ allowed
i don't see myself finding a high enough tree branch to hang from and climb, thought it could be possible.

any advice would be great.

EDIT: i know there are alot of videos on youtube and everywhere showing various people training with the ropes,
anyone has any link on the explanation part? like form? and "technique-cally" how to do it .
alot of them does tell me which muscle groups and "what" (power/ breath) it trains :)

cheers

Last edited:
As above ^^
1.5inches just doesn't cut it.

My only advice with ropes after suffering a shoulder injury is: warm up, get some mobility in.

just stops dirt getting into the fibres but as its not climbing rope and its cheap
yeah no need

I brought a 2" rope (without casing) from iron edge and its a pretty damn good workout and I'm a big guy... my neighbours struggled to do much with it at all when i was giving it a go out the back of the flat!

the casings are only really useful if you are using indoors and want to stop rope fibers going everywhere, or using regularly on wet grass....

Correct. Cant you just buy thick rope at like bunnings and save 50% by not having it 'branded' / sold as 'battle ropes'....
Thankyou. Bunnings don't sell rope this thick, I wish they did! I found somewhere who sells them cheaper than eBay :)

I brought a 2" rope (without casing) from iron edge and its a pretty damn good workout and I'm a big guy... my neighbours struggled to do much with it at all when i was giving it a go out the back of the flat!

the casings are only really useful if you are using indoors and want to stop rope fibers going everywhere, or using regularly on wet grass....
The 2 inches will be too big for me! Lol!
I prefer the casings but i remember Sticky saying you can burn the ends.

Changed my mind, going with the eBay one. Really want natural not polyurethane rope.

Battling Rope is on tthe way, will be here Monday :p
Now to make up some new conditioning circuits.
Or if anyone has any good circuits involving ropes please share:D

at bootcamp we used to mix them up with deadball slams (squat to catch), decline pushups, weighted step ups, KB swings, burpees, stuff like that.

I feel tired just typing that :eek:

exciting to get the ropes!!!!!!!!

Awesome Viv!
My conditioning generator doesn't include ropes but i bet something can be rustled.
I have my eye on a prowler but not sure how well it will go on grass?
Prowler and ropes....:eek:

What is all this battling rope business, what do you all do with them.
I picked up few metres of thick rope from local boat shop for about 8 bucks, they had heaps of different ropes