• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bathroom Scales

Karak

I know there is a topic for this in the General forum, but i figured it would get more reply's here. (Should probably really be in here)

Anyone got any recommendations for accurate(consistent) bathroom scale to just tell me how much my fat ass weighs?

Thanks....

Mine never let's me down.
I'll throw up a pic when I get home.
I think the brand is Salter.

I bought a set from bigW.

$29

Loaded them up to 190kg of calibrated ivanko plates, it read 190.1kg.

Had them for over 2 years, they get used multiple times every day, no issues at all.

A friend bough the exact same set, .5kg out over 25kg.

It's a mixed bag with cheap shit.

I'll be buying a new set later this year for around $800, but they are calibrated.

After a little bit of research, i ended up buying these:

A&D Wellbeing Digital Floor Scale

Just under $80 delivered. I don't have any calibrated weights to check it against (though i might possibly take it to the gym where there are calibrated weights). But I'll at least let you guys know how it goes on consistency.

Next option up from these was around the $300 mark, decided i didn't need it though.
The gym i go to is mostly SHW so i doubt the owner has ever even considered bothering with calibrated scales lol.

Damn it, that website i ordered from no longer carry stock of that model, being refunded, will have to find another source.

well i got the AnD one in the end from a different website. Paid like $75 delivered or something.

So far so good. Seems more consistent than the old scales, but im yet to take it to the gym and test it with calibrated weights. And i'm pretty lazy, so i dont know when that will ever happen.

Its also muccchhh faster at doing its little calibration when you tap it on than the cheapo scales were so that's a plus.

All in all, I'm happy.