• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Just broke the blinds in my room trying to open them
View attachment 6846

lol

But the view is ok

View attachment 6847

After all this media beat up, I might look up my old mate Danksie for some calf blood & ghrp6 for my recovery! Lol

Ahhhh good morning all. I think I'm leaving hospital today. Can't wait

iPhone using Tapatalk

Some shit luck with the back their mate. Good luck with the recovery.

Should be plenty of gear floating around with all the AFL and NRL players around looking to get rid of their stash pretty quick.

Some shit luck with the back their mate. Good luck with the recovery.

Should be plenty of gear floating around with all the AFL and NRL players around looking to get rid of their stash pretty quick.

Hahah yep! Thanks for the best wishes too

iPhone using Tapatalk

May not make you feel better but I'm at the hospital recovering from surgery too. Although the worst thing my neighbour different was snore.

All the best.

May not make you feel better but I'm at the hospital recovering from surgery too. Although the worst thing my neighbour different was snore.

All the best.

Pow private? Ill come say g'day!!
A snoring roomy can be worse than anything!!
All the best with your recovery too man

iPhone using Tapatalk

fark, hope things get better for you.

reading this thread is enlightening, but it scares the shit out of me at the same time..

Wishing you all the best in your recovery mate, Not being able to play with my kids is possibly the strongest motivation i have to treat my back with respect...

My sciatic pain is starting to get anoying again, another trip to teh doc is tempting, but not sure I want to hear the answers..

fark, hope things get better for you.

reading this thread is enlightening, but it scares the shit out of me at the same time..

Wishing you all the best in your recovery mate, Not being able to play with my kids is possibly the strongest motivation i have to treat my back with respect...

My sciatic pain is starting to get anoying again, another trip to teh doc is tempting, but not sure I want to hear the answers..

Thanks man
I would recommend seeing someone about the sciatic pain. It might just be a tight muscle in your bum causing it.
My little one knows I've been crook but not the full extent obviously. Try explaining a back op to a 5 year old!! Hahah

Anyway, I'm home now, had a good 12hr sleep last night & some home cooked salmon.

Scar is sore, some pain radiating from the op is quite painful too. Loaded up on all sorts of tablets for the next week.

Thanks again everyone for the pm's and replies on here. I'm not doing it for sympathy or even to help others, just a diary of what's going on!!

Recovery starts now!!
Have a good Sunday y'all hahah

Taurus

iPhone using Tapatalk

a4u3y8e4.jpg

Wound yesterday morning.
Still bleeding a bit! Lol. Will see my local GP on Tuesday if its still seeping (love that word)
It's about 5cm long. You can see the original scar running north/south. Looks like this time he's gone across the top somehow.

iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Good to see your home and otherwise well.

There's a lot of delicate stuff that has been cut into and it takes a fair while to heal and even longer to settle down, especially the nerve. I can't stress enough the need to basically forget about any form of exercise other than walking and swimming for the next 12-16 weeks. I know it will drive you mad but it'll be better than having any more operations.

Take it easy mate and enjoy the rest. If you get a little fatter and weaker in the coming weeks and months, it's really not the end of the world and it's only temporary. Long term back health is the name of the game, from now on.

PS: I kept a detailed diary for the first 8weeks post op about when I exercised, what time and level of pain I had, meds I took to control the pain and how I felt mentally. When I read back over it, I could see a continual improvement in recovery, even if it didn't feel like it at the time.

As an FYI, this was how I looked after my 2nd disc rupture. I am standing straight but the nerve was so impinged, it caused the muscles in my lower back and hips to spasm, resulting in my pelvis shifting to the right. It stayed like that until the op and occasionally had me in tears due to the constant and relentless pain, as you too know so well.

^ holy sheeeeet, the Leaning Tower of Guzzla. That looks pretty damn painful! I feel for anyone who has any serious back problem. There can't be anything good about that shit.

Just asking on your thoughts here. Sounds like you are off training for a significant amount of time. Do you have any plans on what to get up to in the meantime? I can't train for a while and I'm getting quite bored even after a week so I'm looking for ideas.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk HD

Just asking on your thoughts here. Sounds like you are off training for a significant amount of time. Do you have any plans on what to get up to in the meantime? I can't train for a while and I'm getting quite bored even after a week so I'm looking for ideas.

I will be using the time for rehab!
Or around the rehab i should say.
I can walk for an hour a day for the first week, then can drive. So once i can drive, ill be going to the pool and doing walking in the lanes there...
As for the other time of the day?!? lol. I have started guitar lessons (worth looking at), i have a couple of books too.
Once the little one is home from school, 3.30pm til bedtime wont change....
I will be off work for 6-10 weeks too....

As some of you know, my wife works with spinal cord injuries (tough job), so having her on my side has helped immensely, especially with the terminology used by the surgeons and doctors... Some of her patients/carers (alot worse off than me) have recommended a few supps to try this time around.

Im looking at arginine & chlorella. I havent used either before, so will be interesting to see if they speed up/help with the healing.... looking on bulknutrients.com.au, they have 3 types of arginine....

One of her best friends, is one of Australia's leading experts in wound care (some of the shit they see is unreal, necrosis, infections etc) and has recommended Rose Hip and also chlorella to help with the wound healing and scar tissue problems... Ill buy some of that online today as well..

acoustic or electric guitar ?
Don't need a small effects unit ?

A small recorder like a samson h2/h4 is great for recording yourself practising so you can hear how well you are progressing and checking timing etc

might want to mix in some flavoured bcaa's to improve the taste of the greens - assuming chlorella tastes as "nice" as spirulina/wheat grass - I haven't tried it yet

acupuncture is great for thinning out scar tissue, had quite a lot done on some of my scars, there's a clinic here at work (UTS) UTS: About, Science

acoustic or electric guitar ?
Don't need a small effects unit ?

A small recorder like a samson h2/h4 is great for recording yourself practising so you can hear how well you are progressing and checking timing etc

might want to mix in some flavoured bcaa's to improve the taste of the greens - assuming chlorella tastes as "nice" as spirulina/wheat grass - I haven't tried it yet

acupuncture is great for thinning out scar tissue, had quite a lot done on some of my scars, there's a clinic here at work (UTS) UTS: About, Science

Thanks lex
acoustic for now, only had 2 lessons, so i KNOW i sound like shiiiit
The chlorella i ordered is in tab form!
thanks for the link, reading it now...

I will be using the time for rehab!
Or around the rehab i should say.
I can walk for an hour a day for the first week, then can drive. So once i can drive, ill be going to the pool and doing walking in the lanes there...
As for the other time of the day?!? lol. I have started guitar lessons (worth looking at), i have a couple of books too.
Once the little one is home from school, 3.30pm til bedtime wont change....
I will be off work for 6-10 weeks too....

Ahh bugger.

Thanks for the ideas but you kinda made me feel sorry about myself. It's my hand that is out of action and whole it's comparatively minor thing compared to spinal surgery it means I can't drive and certainly not play guitar.

I'm thinking of joining the local jetts (within walking distance) pretty much for the sole purpose of using the pin weighted leg press.

You could do lots of walking, lunges, body weight squats, sit ups, lots of abs stuff and calf raises without putting pressure on the hand!!

iPhone using Tapatalk