• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Back in the gym after a month but cant do squats, need help altering program plz

pumpiniron

Was just squatting the bar*20kg* and it hurts when i get to the bottom, so squats are out of the question :(, however deadlifts did not hurt at all *only 80kg* I will write up my program and would appreciate some imput on the most beneficial exercises i can do besides squats or leg presses.

(what i was doing)
WORKOUT A

Squats x 3
Bench Press x 3
Barbell row x 1
Single arm dumbell rows x 2
Dips x 2
Calf raises x 2

WORKOUT B

Squats x 2
Deadlift x 2
Dumbell military press x 2
Barbell Military press x 1
Chin ups x 2
Lat pulldown x 1
Bicep curl x 2
Leg Raises x 1

Hey mate,
You might want to start by going over why you were out of the gym for one month, where it hurts when you squat (is this because of previous injury?), and also some stats about yourself.

Hey mate,
You might want to start by going over why you were out of the gym for one month, where it hurts when you squat (is this because of previous injury?), and also some stats about yourself.

lower back injury, its in my other blogs.

I would split things up abit more for 1....look at workout b...how could you put total focus and energy into 8 different exercises?

What is your goal anyway?? this program seems to be abit just chucked together...

I would split things up abit more for 1....look at workout b...how could you put total focus and energy into 8 different exercises?

I agree with this. If I have a program that has too many exercises in a session I find I am just trying to get through each exercise rather than giving them a decent crack.

I agree with this. If I have a program that has too many exercises in a session I find I am just trying to get through each exercise rather than giving them a decent crack.

Thats it...a workout goal isnt to just go through the motions and get to the end its to focus on every set n rep....this can not be done when you have to many exercises....

I would split these workouts into 3...

I am actually doing the mark ripptoe program but i slightly altered it...

Mark Rippetoe

Wkout A:
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench
1x5 Deadlifts
2x8 Dips

Wkout B:
3x5 Squats
3x5 Standing press
3x5 Bent over rows
2x8 Chinups

Done 3x a week, rotating A and B.

anyway is there anyone willing to help me with my question, that is which exercises should i be doing instead of the squat. thanx

Leg press
hack squat

Prob ya best bet!
Hey joel im thinking of switching my program up but im afraid ill get abused by members of this site if this program isnt up to par, would love ur thoughts.

Mon: Back,biceps,

Deadlift x 2
Barbell rows x 3
Chin ups x 2
Barbell shrug x 1
Bicep curl x 2

Wednesday: Chest,shoulders, triceps

Barbell curl x 2
Incline dumbell press x 2
Dips x 1
Shoulder presses x 2
Side laterals x 1
Skull crushers x 2

my gym does not have a leg press or hack squat machine:(

friday: Legs,calves,abs

Leg extension x 2
Lunges x 1
Stiff legged deadlift x 2
Leg curl x 1
single leg calf raise x 2
Sitting calf raises x 1
Rope crunches x 1

Last edited:
Hey joel im thinking of switching my program up but im afraid ill get abused by members of this site if this program isnt up to par, would love ur thoughts.

Mon: Back,biceps,

Deadlift x 2
Barbell rows x 3
Chin ups x 2
Barbell shrug x 1 - this is more a trap exercise i.e shoulders...but if your doing them on back day do them behind you they will hit the lower part of your trap more..hitting your "back" more
Bicep curl x 2

Wednesday: Chest,shoulders, triceps

Barbell curl x 2 - Why the barbell curl??? lol
Incline dumbell press x 2
Dips x 1
Shoulder presses x 2
Side laterals x 1
Skull crushers x 2

my gym does not have a leg press or hack squat machine:(

Legs,calves,abs

Leg extension x 2 - do this 3rd and then do leg curl after it
Lunges x 1 - Do this 1st and add another set
Stiff legged deadlift x 2 - Do this 2nd
Leg curl x 1 - Add another set - do this 4th
single leg calf raise x 2
Sitting calf raises x 1
Rope crunches x 1

Look above with the changes id make....changed a few exercises around...

fuck that is ment to be barbell bench press instead of barbell curls haha, thanx mate ur a champion. Will start this program next week.

LOL nah just start off with barbell curl each session lol JOKE!

Thats all good man....barbell bench can stay there! good stuff..