• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Back and Shoulders on same day?

Gettingbigger

Anyone here do both muscle groups on the same day? I was thinking of giving it a go (switching each week whether I start with back or delts).

I would then be able to have a day for biceps triceps alone.

Currently I do a 5 day split

Quads
Hammies Calfs
Chest
Back/Biceps
Shoulders/Triceps

Give it a whirl. I've done it in the past with no problems.

I guess thats what BB is all about. Trying new things and if it works for you then all good. We are all individuals and respond differently to stimulus I guess.

I can`t see any specific reason not to as they are push/pull groups.

I will be able to hit biceps/triceps without them being already fatigued.

yep and really shoulders do not need 50 gazillion sets. A few OHP and side and rear laterals and it's all over in less than 20 mins.

I do Back and Shoulders on same day, have for years, takes bout 1.5 hours for me.

Good t read that there is a fair variety of approaches. Kind of set in my old ways after training 20 years now lol.

Just wanted to make sure there were no real scientific reasons as to why I should not.

Will hit it up next week! :)

Thanks

stretching

trying to do deep stretches with out a partner isa bitch anny one got any tips for deep stretching when i have no training partner

Good t read that there is a fair variety of approaches of set in my old ways after training 20 years now lol.

Just wanted to make sure there were no real scientific reasons as to why I should not.

Will hit it up next week! :)

Thanks

Apart from the moon crashing into the sun....causing a zombie apocalypse...

No reason to avoid it at all.....

Of course give it a crack and see how you go.

I have always found training 2 "main/bigger" bodyparts in the same session is to taxing - you cant really 100% focus your effort on 1 thing - back is prob the 2nd hardest thing to train after legs - there is no possible way I could train another "main" bodypart after training back - maybe acouple of curls for biceps and thats it - totally spent after training back.

Thought I would update this....

Benn doing back and delts for a couple of weeks now. I swap starting with back or shoulders each time.

I`m enjoying it. It`s a hard session but it leaves me free to hit biceps and triceps on the same day which is worth the payoff.

Thanks for the suggestions/comments.

I've been doing a left/right split for a while now and love it

Monday: Left hand side
Wednesday: Right hand side
Friday: Left hand side
Saturday: Right hand side