• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Back after a long break!!

varunj17

Hi everyone

Hope all are doing good here and ripping the iron to shreds...

I am new to this website......i had a loongg break due to job and family commitments..so back in the gym after 4 months...

i hired a PT in he gym..spoke with him about my plateau and how I have stagnate...he advised me a Strength and Conditioning phase for 4-6 weeks, to correct the movements...and then move into the next stage, which i guess will be a 5 day split...The program is 3 days per week, as below, with 60 sec rest between each set

Day 1: Chest and Shoulders and Calves

Dumbell Bench Press(12,8,6,6)
30 degree Incline flies(8,8,8,8)
30 degree Smith Machine Incline press(15,15,15)
Machine Reverse Flyes( 12 ,8,6,6)
Dumbell Lateral Raises(10,10,10)
Standing Calf Raises(12,8,8,8)

Day 2: Back and Biceps and abs

Snatch Grip Deadlifts(12,8,6,6)
Seated Rows(12,8,6,6)
Lat Pulldowns(10,10,10,10)
Hammer curls(12,8,6,6)
Dumbell Curls(10,10,10)
Dumbell Situps (10,10,10,10)

Day 3: Triceps and Legs

Overhead Rope Extensions(12,8,6,6)
Triceps Pulldowns(10,10,10)
Leg Press(12,8,6,6)
Squats(10,10,10)
Leg Curls(12,8,6,6)

He's also advised me to do three times a week..so I do Cross Trainer for 15 minutes, getting my heart rate upto 70%-80% , twice a week and then Rpm(Spin class once week...

What do you guys think?..that Pt is way too expensive for me at the moment($100 AUD for 45 minutes) thinking of not continuing with him...

Holy shit. 100 dollars for 45 minutes to churn out some shitty routine and probably teach you terrible form.

Ditch the PT.

I dont see how this is a strength program at all. What are your goals etc.

Just do the stickied beginner program. Pop into a local weightlifting gym (or even crossfit box) for technique coaching if you need it.

yeah...ditched him already

i am not a newbie..just had hit a plateau...

and my form is pretty good...have spoken with lot of people on that and all reckon apart from a minor tweaks, which i am working on, my form is alright