• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
it is not silly when you are a gpc member who competes. again, I am covering all possibilities, whether my fears are real or not.

But im not running the meet, or an official in any capciaty, I think you keep missing that part.

I merely own a venue where a comp is being hosted.

Anyway, my Saturday has started now, have a good weekend!

no, i am not missing any point. you will benefit from apu comp.

not being there is not enough imo, and I do not want any negative perception to emerge.

Why aren't you on the APU Board [MENTION=6618]spartacus[/MENTION]

You should try for a spot somewhere. You know the ins and outs of it all.

no, you have to be voted for to be on board, and even nominate yourself.

I merely spot possible anomalies, and then offer advice or make enquiries.

I am just an active member who does not even lift at this stage, albeit I believe all members are valuable in some capacity.

btw, i am 100% for any gym business utilising any possibility to host various lifting contests to make a profit.

scott's gym would be one of the best to host such a comp.

further, from my few meetings with scott and interaction over the years, I consider him to be a top bloke who is great for the sport of powerlifting.

my concerns are merely about possible adverse perceptions, and the logical need of the apu to avoid the possibility of them ever emerging.

Am I’m missing something?

If it was a problem hosting the meet at Scott’s gym then why is APU allowing it?
Obviously it isn’t a problem with them, so why is it a problem with you [MENTION=6618]spartacus[/MENTION];

I do not get all this shit lol.

i start reading and then get the urge to start scratching my eyes out WTANEF

Last edited:
Yes I don't believe that GPC members who are not Apu members as well should run Apu compsj

Pretty basic resl

Apu said comp will go ahead with strict rules about how comp is run on day with all involved required to be Apu members including spotters

If APU is happy as long as they abide by strict rules then that’s a good thing.
I assume they pay Scott for use of facilities?
Is that your gripe Chris, that’s Scott might make a buck at APU’s cost?

Not at all. Scott can only watch as spectator and must not be involved in running of comp as he is not an Apu member. These are the rules which the Apu will make clearer in coming days

Sorry about my concerns but all is cool now. I am sure Scott's wife and Apu crew will do a great job

Excellent.

How about posting up scores and results?
Something positive.
Is there a live feed?

You bunch of farken knobjockeys, I assume it had to do with GPC being a non testing Fed and APU seeking Governmental accreditation ...... and the mention of a certain vindictive person using this to harm APU's chances of getting that accreditation!!!!

btw, i am 100% for any gym business utilising any possibility to host various lifting contests to make a profit.

There will be zero profit for my gym coming directly from this meet, or probably any APU meet we host.

But that’s not why we are doing it.

We are doing this to help the APU, most likely at our own expense.