• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Australian beef exports to Russia will grind to a halt after the detection of growth

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Russia will step up import bans on Australian beef after the detection of growth steroids.
Limits on chilled beef from Australia were imposed on March 31 and frozen beef products are to be restricted from Monday after Russia's veterinary and phytosanitary service detected the stimulant trenbolone.
This will mean restrictions on all beef imports from Australia, spokesman Alexei Alekseenko told Reuters.
Shipments already en route will be accepted.
Agriculture Minister Barnaby Joyce said he will do whatever is necessary to recommence the trade - estimated to be worth more than $110 million annually - as quickly as possible.
"In the meantime to make sure we look after the people behind the farm gate ... we will be developing other markets," Mr Joyce said.
During a trip to Saudi Arabia next week, the minister will be promoting Australia's meat export sector, as will Prime Minister Tony Abbott when he visits China.
Although approved for use in Australia, trenbolone is not to be present in meat and meat products sent to Russia under the trade agreement.
The steroid was first detected during point-of-arrival testing in December.
At the time Australian authorities issued a notice to beef producers reminding them of the export obligations.

Russia blocks Aussie beef | SBS News

so how do coles sell beef with 'no hormones' then? are they like adrogenous cows or something..

so how do coles sell beef with 'no hormones' then? are they like adrogenous cows or something..

Even worse is the chickens. Giving hormones to chickens has been banned for 40 years. No chickens have added hormones.

i guess because they buy off farms where they don't use hormones , farm following coles strict guidelines

Even worse is the chickens. Giving hormones to chickens has been banned for 40 years. No chickens have added hormones.

might be so , how many times have you heard someone say " those chickens are fed hormones all day long, how else do they get that big " i know plenty that think like , so by coles saying the chooks have no hormones is just stating the truth

might be so , how many times have you heard someone say " those chickens are fed hormones all day long, how else do they get that big " i know plenty that think like , so by coles saying the chooks have no hormones is just stating the truth

Its true. You couldn't get the hormones for the chickens even if you wanted to. Infact when they did use them it didn't work that great on chickens anyway. That's why they stopped. It wasn't cost effective.

Chickens grow so much faster now due to breeding and better feeding.

Last time I talked to a chicken farmer he said though selective breeding alone they were getting chickens to sellable size on average 1 day faster every year.

Thing is all our animals are electronically tagged. You are supposed to be able to trace them all the way back to the farmer. If some failed tests they should be able to trace it back to where it come from and see what went wrong.

Hormones in beef is bullshit anyway. The tren will come from pellets that are used extensively in Oz. Each beast gets a little pellet with 140mg tren in it. Over 100 days it can add several kilos to the dressed weight. Now even if all of the tren remained in the meat, 140mg spread over 350kg of beef is not a high concentration. I mark vendor declarations 'Russian eligible' all the time, I knew they didn't want one chemical that we don't use but no-one has ever mentioned HGP issues with Russia.The take home message is that anyone carrying on about hormones in beef is a fuckwit, Coles and their poofter chef included.I have been told that in the EU farmers are injecting steroids into cattle direct and butchers are having trouble with big cysts from infected injection sites.

Hormones in beef is bullshit anyway. The tren will come from pellets that are used extensively in Oz. Each beast gets a little pellet with 140mg tren in it. Over 100 days it can add several kilos to the dressed weight. Now even if all of the tren remained in the meat, 140mg spread over 350kg of beef is not a high concentration. I mark vendor declarations 'Russian eligible' all the time, I knew they didn't want one chemical that we don't use but no-one has ever mentioned HGP issues with Russia.The take home message is that anyone carrying on about hormones in beef is a fuckwit, Coles and their poofter chef included.I have been told that in the EU farmers are injecting steroids into cattle direct and butchers are having trouble with big cysts from infected injection sites.

We dont use the hormones on dairy cows because you can't so they arnt an issue for us. We got a list of banned stuff for the russian eligible market and there was only one antibiotic that we used very rarely anyway. Had a 90 day meat withhold for Russian export. We just stopped using it so don't have to worry about it anymore.

I wasn't aware that vet grade trenbolone was available for purchase in Australia
I probably have all the right paperwork to purchase it as well

What's the brand name?