• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

AusBB Odd Lift Leaderboard

That hollow is the natural curve of your spine...

This. Your lower back is not supposed to be flat it is at a stronger position to handle load with that arch. Also if you lose balance under a heavy load and twist your lower back (due to not being stable due to not foot contact) you are in a more dangerous position for you lower back. Sheer forces and the lumbar spine do not mix.

^^^^^^^^^^that does make sense to me when you put it like that, might give it a run next time I bench. Will report back, will have another bash at the 100kg rep challenge before 2012 anyway I think!

Tried it today, hated it, felt uncomfortable and only got to 8 x 100kg, so will stick with what I know, been doing it like that for over 20 years, so I should be right:)

This. Your lower back is not supposed to be flat it is at a stronger position to handle load with that arch. Also if you lose balance under a heavy load and twist your lower back (due to not being stable due to not foot contact) you are in a more dangerous position for you lower back. Sheer forces and the lumbar spine do not mix.

Had a look at Mark Rippetoe's benching video, I might have to persist with doing it with my feet on the ground for 2012, as I been studying his videos on form for the major lifts and I am aiming to get my form right on all the major compound exercises for 2012, even if it means initially going back on the weights a bit, as I want to safely reach my 2012 lifting goals this year!!

75% bench rep challenge = 16 reps @ 65kg. weight 86kg
1rm pullup = 87.5(weight in gym on the day) + 32.5kg.
=120kg.

edit. oh and my max pull is now 190kg.
will try a deficit pull later in the week for a laugh. :p

Last edited:
Can you put me down for a 185kg max pull please. That's just regular deadlift. Going to have to try this off some mats. I think I might run out of weights though lol.

100kg Push Press

[YOUTUBE][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRvEuiC9oow&list=UUdIeywci4P7xJrc2mgNQIOA&index=33&feature=plcp]Paul 100kg Overhead PB @ 90kg - YouTube[/ame][/YOUTUBE]