• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ausbb Australian BodyBuilding Beginners FaQ

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Might be time to get a FAQ happening , answers to commonly asked questions in regards to BodyBuilding

Feel Free to post your own commonly asked question and answer
try to keep this a FAQ only and keep discussions to a minimum

Question - What's the best exercise program to gain muscle, build strength and drop fat?

Answer - There is no such thing as best.

Look around here on the forum for beginners program if your wanting some great help.

Question: Which exercises will give me 6 pack abs?

Answer: Your diet is the only thing that will control whether your abs are visible, everyone has these abdominal muscles already, these can be made larger with training the abdominal muscles but you will still need a body fat % lower than 10% for males to actually be able to see decent muscle definition in this area. Calorie control and a calculated diet is the only way to achieve visible 6 pack abs.

We have enough stickies as it is. the problem is they need work.

Fadi's post needs an explanation of WHY those programs are better than the crap most beginners make up and the links need to be improved (the rippetoe program is half assed for example).

thanks for the suggestions Oliver , got some things planned in regards to your comments

how about setting it up so when people sign up, they see the main topics, like the beginners program and such... just as a suggestion... Im a beginner and i wish i had of seen the basics straight up

We have enough stickies as it is. the problem is they need work.

Fadi's post needs an explanation of WHY those programs are better than...

Oliver, there is no such thing as better in the sport of bodybuilding. Better is when you apply variety and don't stick to one thing forever. In the sticky on bodybuilding, you may have noticed that I've included a table that clearly shows the different effect different rep ranges have on muscles. That by itself should tell someone or at least make them think that our muscles respond best (not just better) to variety.

PS: I'm happy for all my stickies to be taken down and be replaced with whatever the knowledgeable people on Ausbb think would be more appropriate. I'm saying the above rationally and not emotionally. Thank you.

Fadi.

Fadi,

Have a look back over the last few pages. We constantly have to correct 'volume splits' many of which are so bad they do things like exclude any leg or back work. Compared to that basic programs like Rippetoe's Starting Strength, Markos' beginner program and your own 'Move your body through space' are infinitely 'better'.