• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

assistance exercises

Mickdog

Now that I have finally joined the gym after training at home for ages I have split to a four day routine. More than anything else just to change things up.

Squat day
Bench day
Deadlift day
Press day

I was wondering what assistance exercises I should do for all these. I am currently doing

Squat assistance = hack squat, leg press, leg ext, calf raise and sit ups
Bench assistance = incline bench, db bench press, dips, lat raise, tri ext
Deadlift assistance = sldl, row, shrugs, curls, chins
Over head Press assistance = push press, upright rows, seated db press, skull crushers, push ups

I would do side delt/rear delt laterals and rear delt rows. Unless you mean to cover all these under "lat raises".

I would do side delt/rear delt laterals and rear delt rows. Unless you mean to cover all these under "lat raises".

Or do neither of those and just deadlift heavy while watching your entire upper back blow up, rear delts and all.

Changed it up bit. Upper lower split.

Monday
Squat 5 x 5
Sldl 3 x 10
Hack Squat 3 x 10
Leg press 3 x 10
Leg Raise 3 x fail

Tuesday
Bench press 5 x 5
Incline bench press 3 x 10
DB seated shoulder press 3 x 10
Lat Pulldown 3 x 10
Dips 3 x Fail

Thursday
Deadlift 5 x 5
Front Squat 3 x 10
Power Cleans 5 x 3
Hamstring raise 3 x 10
Hyper extensions 3 x fail

Friday
Press 5 x 5
Push Press 3 x 5
Upright Row 3 x 10
DB bench press 3 x 10
Chins 3 x Fail

Roughly something liken that. Trying to continue increasing strength as well as making my body even sexier.

Everyone going to tell me how awesome my program is?

Last edited: