• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Arnold vs. Ronnie Side By Side Measurement Comparison

Arnie wins that comparison easy IMO.

28inch legs are not small by any measure, ronnies are just fucken hooge.

Tim.

Well according to the time his legs were in perfect proportion to his body.

Personally I would hate to look like a pro body builder these days, not that it would ever happen without gallons of gear anyway so no concerns there.

Personally I prefer the look of the body builders before gear, here is an interesting article about proportion, with some intersting theories and calculators that some might find handy.

Bodybuilding.com - Know Your Measurements For Bodybuilding Success

Which bbers do you like? "before gear" think ull find most back in the day were at least taking dbol

It's safe to say that 'gear' was available and used at least post 1950s
Including Arnie and all his mates

Last edited:
their gear use was quite small though, which probably accounts for their good proportions and a more natural look..ish

10mg dbol a day was the standard dose back then

They need those big legs to match their upper bodies, Arnies legs didn't so he is out of proportion.

Yeah, he didn't like hard work.

But I don't believe there have been many with the symmetry that he possessed.

That's the thing that set him apart from the rest.

their gear use was quite small though, which probably accounts for their good proportions and a more natural look..ish

10mg dbol a day was the standard dose back then

Of course it was minuscule compared to to what they use today and I'm not criticising them but if you want completely natural you'll have to look at the old timers pre 1950

Of course it was minuscule compared to to what they use today and I'm not criticising them but if you want completely natural you'll have to look at the old timers pre 1950

Bill pearl was possibly the first.

Arnold only lasted a couple of weeks at Deland Florida under Arthur Jones, the work was too hard, he didn't like it.

I've read that Arthur was disappointed about this, he really wanted Arnold their promoting Nautilus.

This was early 70's

After this he would eventually have nothing to do with bodybuilders and their lies.

I think the "mass-monster" look of the 90's early 2000's has now gone again and its more about shape V overall size - Ronnie at 100% though is still prob the best bodybuilder ever.

Even if that is true what you say, and there has been an intentional in this direction, that won't last long.
I think that's just hoping from your POV.

But over time...I reckon there has been a bit of a re-think possibly, about the amount of drugs these blokes have been taking.

Last edited:
Bill pearl was possibly the first.

Arnold only lasted a couple of weeks at Deland Florida under Arthur Jones, the work was too hard, he didn't like it.

I've read that Arthur was disappointed about this, he really wanted Arnold their promoting Nautilus.

This was early 70's

After this he would eventually have nothing to do with bodybuilders and their lies.

Arnie didn't last long with Vince either
I remember reading about their first meeting, Arnie introduced himself, "I'm Arnold Shwarzeneger" and Vince replies "You look like a fat fuck to me"

Arnie didn't last long with Vince either
I remember reading about their first meeting, Arnie introduced himself, "I'm Arnold Shwarzeneger" and Vince replies "You look like a fat fuck to me"

His relationship with Weider (Jew) Arnold's like of German culture (nazi) is interesting and another topic.

Arnold the unauthorized biography by wendy leigh is a cracking book, quite rare though might get a copy on ebay in the states

Arnie had very little hamstring development as well.

wotw101_d.jpg

We aren't comparing him with us mere mortals. We're comparing him with other freaks. :)

If each thigh measures the same as your waist, you are seriously fucked up.

Arnie ftw (out of those two... for all I give a shit anyway).

A champion from one era will usually be a champion in another era. Whether Arnie would beat Coleman with all the advantages of nowadays advances in training, drugs, nutrition and 0ni's helpful posts we'll never know. But dam it makes for a good argument. :D

I remember this same argument when Lee Haney was approaching Arnie's record.