• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Arm days only (Yes or No) ?

Arm only days?

• Yes

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters
Haven't done chins for months because of my elbow. I would be in a lot of pain of I did. Barbell curls similar, no way are heavy barbell curls possible at the moment. Well they are possible but my elbow almost seizes up the next day and hurts a lot to move it.

I've settled on very light hammer curls at the moment and so far they don't seem to hurt and light rows.

Both elbows?
Or just the right?

In my case, my left elbow becomes quite sore after chinups, using a hammer grip is lot kinder to my elbow.

BB curls, I can do without any pain.
I also have issues now and again with my left shoulder, I often get referred pain down my arm if not careful, which is often aggravated by squatting.

I suspect my issue is age related though and overuse.

The bottom position impinges my shoulder

That's no good.

For myself a bar spacing of 700mm is perfect, any wider or narrower causes me issues.

The bar also needs to be no bigger than barbell width, any bigger and I can't seem to get a good grip, or it just doesn't feel right, I like to be able grip the bar tight.

Sun - chest
Mon - legs
Tues - shoulders
Thurs - arms
Fri - back

My training partners like arm days but I inform them that arm day is the least beneficial.

legs->back>chest

Years ago we would do a 'gun club' session every Friday in the off season. Everyfink bisheps mate. Great fun.

Yes, I need to throw in an arm only day, as its my weak part. Overtraining them is the only way to triger growth for me.

Yeah, that's shit-house and I can relate... Dips used to be my absolute fave! weighted and all 30-40kgs

Now the shoulder is pharked... forget it. Never to do another again.

Had the MRI today - probably paid $300 to tell me I need surgery I can't afford :D Pharken Irony...

There goes my whinge for the day :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's shit-house and I can relate... :rolleyes:
bow-wow-gay-panics-over-gay-cuddling-photo-posted-to-twitter.jpeg

Read years ago in a Flex magazine about one of those University Professors or something who had good results putting size on arms from slow repetitions of chins and dips. But looks like that is knocked on the head, not just due to chins ineffectiveness at building Bi's but also the injuries people in here are describing.

I trian arms 3 times per week.

twice are at the end of my upper power training, single exercise bi/tri power/hypertrophy

Third day is on my light chest day and its all out war on biceps and triceps. I think i did 6 exercises for each last saturday.. Finished with a drop super set for both. Then went back and did concentration curls on top.

Arms err day son

My housemate trains arms (mainly biceps) after every session, so about 6 x a week... I think it's stupid. But I guess his goal is to get big ass arms, which he does have. If he trained his triceps half as much as he does his bi's then they would be much bigger.

The fundamental difference between those two is the fact that in the first video he has control of the reps, and he he picks it up off the floor.

Even without reading who has posted in this thread, based on the current poll results, I get a distinct feeling that the strength crew bois (0ni et al) have been tainting the votes.

Clearly the question was "do you ever train arms only" (not are you doing arms only at the moment), in which case, why would the polls say "No" in the bodybuilding section.. surely it has it's place at times e.g. when trying to bring up your arms through specific direct training of the arms when they are fresh.