• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Are natural bodybuilding contests a farce??

DOUEVENLIFT?

So I recently decided that in 2013 I would compete in my first ever natty BB show only now after talking to a few people the general consensus is they may not be so natural after all.
Has anyone here been invloved on natty BB comps? and is every one just getting jacked 6-12 months prior to the show then coming of the gear for show season testing (If there is any at all)?
Or should i just forget about what everyone else is doing, stick to my guns and compete, happy that i have done everything in my power to bring the best possible physique to the stage...

I am interesteed to hear some of your opinions on this.

(FYI im not some 'holier-than-thou' natural guy that thinks drugs are bad and everyone that takes them are bad as well I just choose not to at this stage)

I have not competed but heard the same things too. Hopefully some e here will have better knowledge

The natty bodybuilding farce is probably a farce in itself. With alot of competitors using the excuse 'i didnt win because so and so was probably on the gear blah blah.'

Whilst people do abuse the lax of testing at lower level competitions the higher up you go the more stringent testing is.

However, do the comp for yourself. Look for INBA and ANB at state and national levels.

Steroids dont make the physique.

So I recently decided that in 2013 I would compete in my first ever natty BB show only now after talking to a few people the general consensus is they may not be so natural after all.
Has anyone here been invloved on natty BB comps? and is every one just getting jacked 6-12 months prior to the show then coming of the gear for show season testing (If there is any at all)?
Or should i just forget about what everyone else is doing, stick to my guns and compete, happy that i have done everything in my power to bring the best possible physique to the stage...

I am interesteed to hear some of your opinions on this.

(FYI im not some 'holier-than-thou' natural guy that thinks drugs are bad and everyone that takes them are bad as well I just choose not to at this stage)

Here's the list of positive tests. Well represented by the natural bodybuilders. They don't just dabble in it either. Have a look at the cocktail of drugs they use. Stanazolol has never been approved for human use in Australia, so these guys are not using a friendly doctor or hiding behind a male wellness clinic, they are abusing veterinary grade anabolic agents and keeping the bitch tits at bay with tamoxifen. [allegedly]

ASADA - Current sanctions

Can't anyone use for years, go clean for 6-12 months then compete in tested comps.

You are never going to get caught doing that, is it even against the rules?

And whats clean and whats not? Different regulations for different administrations and organisations. No way to regulate this within mostly amateur/semi professional competiitons.

tests are easy to beat
I find it hilarious how 99% of amateur competitors manage to be well above the average limit of muscle mass you can hold. Just how many genetic outliers are there?

There's a lot of shit in this thread already.

Have a look at the competitors at a natty comp and then have a look at the competitors at a non-tested fed. There is plenty of difference in the standard and although that proves nothing at least it gives you a good place to start competing.

People cheat in natty comps and some of them get a plastic trophy for their trouble. I never really understood it but it happens. If you just compete for yourself then the other guy becomes irrelevant so what he is or isn't doing in his spare time becomes irrelevant as well.

tests are easy to beat
I find it hilarious how 99% of amateur competitors manage to be well above the average limit of muscle mass you can hold. Just how many genetic outliers are there?

Average limit of muscle mass you can hold :confused:

Who publishes the stats on this one?

Can't anyone use for years, go clean for 6-12 months then compete in tested comps.

You are never going to get caught doing that, is it even against the rules?

Yeah Bazza it's against the rules but you are right they can't verify it. I think both the main feds have a 7 year rule now.

There's a lot of shit in this thread already.

Have a look at the competitors at a natty comp and then have a look at the competitors at a non-tested fed. There is plenty of difference in the standard and although that proves nothing at least it gives you a good place to start competing.

People cheat in natty comps and some of them get a plastic trophy for their trouble. I never really understood it but it happens. If you just compete for yourself then the other guy becomes irrelevant so what he is or isn't doing in his spare time becomes irrelevant as well.

I don't know about you or others but i know if I compete in something I compete (within the rules) to win.

If you 'use' & then don't 'use' for 7 years, are you likely to keep the gains made on steroids after that long? Or would you actually be considered a completely 'natural' physique by that point?

One of the guys I know competes 'natural' now, but is very open about his previous roid use many years ago. He has a great physique, but is not overly 'big', just incredible definition now really, more than anything.

I don't know about you or others but i know if I compete in something I compete (within the rules) to win.

And if you got beaten you probably wouldn't get around whinging about cheats. Competitors can still try to win without wasting energy on wondering about the other guy.

There are two problems with natty comps, cheats and sooks. They will both be there for ever. Anyone who can't deal with them should go non-tested.

tests are easy to beat

When using yourself as the standard for muscle mass, pretty sure everybody is going to be well above your average.