• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anyone used TRX training?

Yep, use it in my S&C classes every week.

Main exercises I use are:
body rows (sometimes archer style)
reverse flys
static holds (with feet in easier) or hands in for much harder
chest flys

I think they are great for some things and not so good for others. The main disadvantage I see compared to traditional free weights is that it is much harder to quantify progress e.g. moving an inch further away from the wall will make reverse flys a LOT harder. You need to be consistent with foot/hand placing.

Yep, use it in my S&C classes every week.

Main exercises I use are:
body rows (sometimes archer style)
reverse flys
static holds (with feet in easier) or hands in for much harder
chest flys

I think they are great for some things and not so good for others. The main disadvantage I see compared to traditional free weights is that it is much harder to quantify progress e.g. moving an inch further away from the wall will make reverse flys a LOT harder. You need to be consistent with foot/hand placing.

I use them for the same as you, Chris. Foot placement is important, yep.
To make some things more challenging (eg rows), I'll add a weight vest.

There are actually a lot of things you can do to devise a challenging workout if you are unable to lift wieghts for whatever reason.
But I agree that progression gets harder to make after a short while.

I worked with a personal trainer for a few sessions and we used TRX to warmup as well as use it for some actual exercises. When I used it I did many variations of squats including one leg squats, flys, planks with my feet in the handles, triceps extensions, and low rows. I really liked it but would like to try out a class to see how it would be for an all over workout using just the TRX.

I do alot of olympic ring stuff, its along the same lines. Ring dips, ring flyes, ring pushups are pretty much all i use them for.