• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anyone used fitnessandstrength.com.au?

Power Rack Plus FID Bench and 165kg Weights and Bars Package Deal

Can anyone give me advice on this package, I might drive down and test it at their store. Apparently they build it themselves.

If building it themselves means manufactured in Australia, this is basically impossible for that price.

I'd also check their specifications on the rack.
They say 75mm x 75mm x 3mm thick, which is 3" x 3" x 11 gauge.
From the pics, it just doesn't look like it, and it would be a very strong rack if it is.
Pity about the design though.
The rear crossbeam at the bottom is not set back from the rear posts, making squatting and bench pressing from the rear posts difficult or impossible.
Also the bolted joints around the top of the frame are not consistent with a 3" x 3" x 11 gauge rack, they are just too weak.
The chin up bar is also too narrow and not enough variety on it.
There are much better racks out there.

The bench is rubbish.
If you jump on the backrest when flat, the weld will snap 100% guaranteed sooner or later, as it's under massive leverage stress at one single point where the leg attachment slots in.
Bench seat is not independently adjustable from the backrest.
Probably a bit high for flat benching too.

Go and test it yourself though.
Try to squat, bench, incline bench of the rear posts.
Put the bench flat and put all your body weight at the headrest and and bounce on it, it will definitely flex the front vertical leg out alot and probably snap the weld if you do it enough, they won't be happy about it.

I have purchased many things from gymdirect...... Quality racks and benches at awesome prices.
We have 200kg+ benchers, 300kg squatters, and all the gear is still going strong. It gets abused daily.

You'd be mad to go anywhere else.