• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anyone train at fitnessfirst in Melbourne CBD

LOL Trent ...

a few of my friends have trained at the QV one, because they work downstairs or nearby.
They claim it's OK if you just go in and ignore the staff and do your own thing but avoid it when it's crowded at peak times (the usual before/after work and lunchtimes).

do they have the equipment set ups you want though? Driving past the QV, it's an ocean of cardio machines through the massive glass windows.... :eek:

I've been to Melbourne central a couple of times, quite a few years ago now.

I Occasionaly go to the nunawading FF on Saturday mornings, my mates throw me a pass.

I've been to the FF next to the BHP building a few times on work trips to Melbourne.

I was a bit meh about it...not too bad I suppose, nothing special.

I've been to the FF next to the BHP building a few times on work trips to Melbourne.

I was a bit meh about it...not too bad I suppose, nothing special.

This means you must have an aus wide membership with them.
Which confirms my suspicions about you :p

This means you must have an aus wide membership with them.
Which confirms my suspicions about you :p

Watchoo talkin bout Willis? That's the only one I've been to....it's free entry for all guests of Rydges Melbourne, hence why I take up the offer.

Rydges Townsville offers free entry to a gym called Tropical or something like that (not too bad), but the rest of them only give you very pisspoor inhouse hotel gyms.

Last edited:
Slightly old thread, came across it as considering finding a trainer / coach, that can help at a FF. Plenty of PT's running around, I'm a rookie and I probably know more than some of them. Pipedream perhaps!

But yes I am stuck in the city at FF until November... and know what you mean by lonely in the squat rack! At least I've never had to wait for one.

My excuse, joined as a mate goes there and figured I'd be more successful if I trained with someone. And have rarely trained with him since... so that was a bust.

Anyway I train at QV. Funny how everyone at the QV one is like "this is so much better than than those ordinary Fitness First's". Kind of how some of you guys acted in this thread actually haha

QV probably is slightly better than most FF's as it wasn't always one, but still.. it's Fitness First..

/Roll on November and probably Olympia Gym

Do you want to be on the cover of a magazine, run with th dingos, be a power lifter?
Just interested in your answer

Do you want to be on the cover of a magazine, run with th dingos, be a power lifter?
Just interested in your answer

Take it you're asking me? Not sure what you mean re: dingoes :confused:

I have all round goals I guess...

Right now - primarily get stronger and bigger to an extent. So I guess have associated with strength training in my short time to date. But I wouldn't mind some aesthetic benefits either, just not the primary focus right now - I'm starting to get hooked on competing with myself and previous PB's. Partly why I stumbled into this thread, looking at form of my lifts etc.

Maintaining aerobic fitness will be something down the track I will consider as a secondary goal, if it's at all possible to give any attention while strength training. I can still run harder and faster than my bball team, so for now I give this no attention.

Slightly old thread, came across it as considering finding a trainer / coach, that can help at a FF. Plenty of PT's running around, I'm a rookie and I probably know more than some of them. Pipedream perhaps!

But yes I am stuck in the city at FF until November... and know what you mean by lonely in the squat rack! At least I've never had to wait for one.

My excuse, joined as a mate goes there and figured I'd be more successful if I trained with someone. And have rarely trained with him since... so that was a bust.

Anyway I train at QV. Funny how everyone at the QV one is like "this is so much better than than those ordinary Fitness First's". Kind of how some of you guys acted in this thread actually haha

QV probably is slightly better than most FF's as it wasn't always one, but still.. it's Fitness First..

/Roll on November and probably Olympia Gym

I'm usually training deads @ mel central on friday nights, squat on mondays.

welcome to join in if you like.