• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anyone help me with a routine please

Dshwam

Hey im a newbie to the site so take it easy on me. Iv been training for about 9 months now. im 75 kg and 6 foot 2, i was about 65 kg when i started. Iv'e got a pretty small upper body and my legs are much bigger in comparisson. i train 6 days a week but havnt had musch succsess in the last few months. id like to tone up my legs and put some bulk on up top. i ride 20 ks every second day and allthough my cardi fitness has gotton better it hasnt done much for my legs. if someone could give me a hand with a routine. it would be much appreciated.

So I assume you want to bulk, you cannot tone your legs and bulk up top at the same time. What is tone anyway?

Training 6 days per week is too much for a relatively new commer.
Search the training section for some good routines.
here;s an example

Day 1
Squats 3 x 8
Bench Press 3 x 8
Military Press 3 x 8
Barbell Row 3 x 8
Crunches 1 set to failure
Reverse Crunch 1 set to failure

Day 2
Deadlift 3 x 8
SLDL 2 x 10
Incline Bench Press 3 x 8
Pull Ups 3 x 8
Calf Raise 3 x 12-15

Do this on a one day on one day off basis. makes sure you do 1-2 sets of warm up first. If you get the 8 reps on each set the move up weight next workout.
After a few months you can add on day 2 1set of barbell curls suppersetted with skull crushers. that's it.

See the diet section for some diet examples. Plenty there.

Adrian's advice is good as always. I'd just say, make sure you do the lifting on the non-cycling days, it's a bit much for your body otherwise.

The 20km cycle will make bulking up harder (burns through a lot of fuel), though the cardio fitness will make your workouts a lot easier, in that you won't have to rest as long between sets.

As a tall guy and someone cycling 20km every second day, you'll need to eat a lot to bulk up. If you are ever hungry, you are not eating enough. Pasta, rice, potatoes, chicken, tuna, nuts, beans, lots of fresh fruit and vegies...

I find that motivation is the 'key'!
Dshwam, the fact that you are motivated to ride the 20km and have put in the 9 months already is bloody GREAT!
You just need to build you knowledge and surround yourself with like minded people.
You are well on your way to a better body already!

I would do the program above but change the squats to one set of 20 then 1 set of 15. Eat 4g of protein for every kg of bodyweight. Drink a litre of milk a day. Each time you complete the required sets and reps but the weight up 2.5kg.