• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anyone been through osteitits pubis rehab?

kal-el

I was reading a couple of threads on here and noticed Markos said he has helped a heap of people get rid of this and a few guys on the forum said they were going to try his methods.

I was wondering if anyone actually went through with it and how long it took, how it felt etc?

Not just using Markos' methods but any one that has rehabed it at all.

How long did it take?

After exercising did it get a little worse before it got better?

Im curious because I had been seeing my physio for it and it slowly got better and he told me I could start squatting again. After I did one session with just the bar the pain got worse for a day and settled but it has also moved from just being the right side over to the left side as well now.

I have been recently diagnosed with OP and so far this is what I have done:

Initial 2 weeks - no training except some medium bench sessions / very light technique work.

Currently attempting to KB Swing my way through it as mentioned by Grah.

One of the threads on AUSBB I found had this as the suggested rehab plan:
Ukranian Deadlift - 20 x 40kg. 1 set.
Bent Knee Good Morning - 10 x 20kg. 3 set
Stiff legged deadlift - 10 x 40Kb. 3 set.
hip abduction using elastic bands - 15 reps 3 sets
Leg raises (lying down, bring knees upto chest and back).
Squats BW 15reps 3 sets.

For squats, I have found I can box squat (parallel or above) without aggravating hips/adductors, so that's what I have been doing.

Deadlifts (Conventional, Stiff-Legged, Romanian) seem to be fine and actually help, I just can't seem to generate as much power as pre-injury.

Also keep doing your physio provided exercises (clam shells, leg adduction/abduction, glute bridges etc) every day!

I have been recently diagnosed with OP and so far this is what I have done:

Initial 2 weeks - no training except some medium bench sessions / very light technique work.

Currently attempting to KB Swing my way through it as mentioned by Grah.

One of the threads on AUSBB I found had this as the suggested rehab plan:
Ukranian Deadlift - 20 x 40kg. 1 set.
Bent Knee Good Morning - 10 x 20kg. 3 set
Stiff legged deadlift - 10 x 40Kb. 3 set.
hip abduction using elastic bands - 15 reps 3 sets
Leg raises (lying down, bring knees upto chest and back).
Squats BW 15reps 3 sets.

For squats, I have found I can box squat (parallel or above) without aggravating hips/adductors, so that's what I have been doing.

Deadlifts (Conventional, Stiff-Legged, Romanian) seem to be fine and actually help, I just can't seem to generate as much power as pre-injury.

Also keep doing your physio provided exercises (clam shells, leg adduction/abduction, glute bridges etc) every day!

Thanks for the reply, have you tried that suggested rehab plan yet?

It looks like its suggested a lot of posterior chain exercises to help with the problem.

I did follow it explicitly for a bout 3 weeks then I've slowly been cutting it up and adding as my assistance work for benching :)

I.E
Day 1
Bench
UDLS
Hip Abduction

Day 2
Bench
Squat
Good Mornings

Day 3
Bench
Stiff Leg Deadlifts