• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

any vegetarian/vegans on ausbb

I gave up on soy products when I read it contributed to ovarian cancer which I think has now been proven defunct.

I gave up on soy products when I read it contributed to ovarian cancer which I think has now been proven defunct.

yeah that stuff about Soy lowering Test is supposed to be bunk too. If you can't tolerate milk theres still Almond Milk.

Wonder whether Almond Milk provides "good" fats similar to nuts or whether its all processed out?

yeah that stuff about Soy lowering Test is supposed to be bunk too. If you can't tolerate milk theres still Almond Milk.

Wonder whether Almond Milk provides "good" fats similar to nuts or whether its all processed out?

usually about 2% fats. So long as it is one that has no added oils to it (most don't), then it's good fats from almonds

I don't have soy except in fermented form, but mostly because it makes me sick.
and it tastes icky.

I was a vegetarian for 30 years. Not vegan but ovo-lacto vegetarian although i never ate eggs except in hidden form (baked goods etc).

When I was going through heart palps I was told to eat bananas and almond milk to get my daily dose of potassium. I was Vit D deficient also. This was from a nutritionist

When I was going through heart palps I was told to eat bananas and almond milk to get my daily dose of potassium. I was Vit D deficient also. This was from a nutritionist

Hope you found a new nutritionist
Bananas are tragically low in potassium. Spinach would have given you your potassium and also your vitamin A which is needed for vitamin D to get the health benefits. Even salmon would have more potassium than bananas lol, you're getting in omega3 as well as vitamin A and D and is very good for gains as we know

Killed.a kid by feeding them vego food, realy?

My wife brpther in law and their mum are vegans. Healthier than me.

Hope you found a new nutritionist
Bananas are tragically low in potassium. Spinach would have given you your potassium and also your vitamin A which is needed for vitamin D to get the health benefits. Even salmon would have more potassium than bananas lol, you're getting in omega3 as well as vitamin A and D and is very good for gains as we know

Should have just asked the Ausbb community :p

I think Oni is spot on, as in the 10 most potassium rich foods Bananas rates 10, and Almond milk does not even rate.

Top 10 Foods Highest in Potassium

Killed.a kid by feeding them vego food, realy?

My wife brpther in law and their mum are vegans. Healthier than me.

It's perfectly healthy
But sub optimal for strength training
Bill Pearl used to eat a lot of goats cheese, a lot lol. If animal proteins are high you will succeed. To get full profile of EFAs and aminos though while building you will get fat very fast indeed

of those 10, which is the easiest to incorporate into a daily diet?
yoghurt, banana, followed by apricots? milk, broccoli, tomato and meat are also reasonable sources...

+1 banana seems easy :D (but I'm not a nutriti0nist) :p

Yes, It's certainly a lot easier and more convenient to eat a couple of bananas anytime during the day than lug around beans or fish.
Facts aren't always what they seem.

of those 10, which is the easiest to incorporate into a daily diet?
yoghurt, banana, followed by apricots? milk, broccoli, tomato and meat are also reasonable sources...

+1 banana seems easy :D (but I'm not a nutriti0nist) :p

I have at least a one of these every day, and not because they are on the list, it's just what I eat, mushrooms, spinach, salmon, avocados, yoghurt.

Never ever eat bananas, probably have not had one for at least 30 years, hate them, can't say I have white beans or acorn squash either, potatoes very rarely, not a big fan.

A banana doesn't contain enough potassium though
You'd need 10 of them to hit your RDA

Well Peter Siddle eats 25 bananas per day. I'm sure he gets enough potassium.

Spud Carroll, former Souths/Manly prop was the same.

Kelvin Jiles, former Canberra Raiders, Brisbane Broncos and Olympic track coach used to recommend athletes munch on Banana sandwiches between meals.

Andreas Cahling is a Frugivore. getds almost all calories from fruit.

3e594-Andreas.jpg

Later pic. Looks like he had a stroke.

082wtmk_YUSDLVJOKE.jpg

082wtmk_YUSDLVJOKE.jpg