• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Any tips for avoiding amenorrhea? Also any female bb's here?

No, I'm just training at a little boxing gym in Rye, and they tend to put a lot more focus on free weights rather than machines which is good.
I've just started back with training, so I'm on a very simple programme of static holds one day and weights the next and decent periods of rest. I need to get my core strength up as I'm pretty weak right now.

You're wife sounds pretty awe inspiring, I really enjoy lifting but being a single mum and 39 years old worries me that maybe I can't get back into the shape I want, it's nice to know that's not necessarily true :)

I competed once in deadlift and lifted 102.5 @ 50kg which was such an amazing feeling (at the Elsternwick Hotel back in the 90's). You'd probably know some of the same people I did back then, Barry (Baz), Ange Gilato (benchpress champ) and a few others. There was also a lovely man in his 60's(?) who lived down Frankston way and was very involved in the powerlifting circles but I can't remember his name.

Anyway, thanks for the comment,
Em

I still see Barry and Ange, theyve both been to my gym.

Lenny Wilson is the other guy, he passed away a few years ago.

Adam Coe recently came back from Perth to MC our Nationals.

I have a pic from the deadlift comp at the Duke, with Lenny, Barry and Adam, plus a guy I dont know.

adam3.jpg

Lenny Wilson is the other guy, he passed away a few years ago.

Oh, I'm very sorry to hear that :( He really encouraged me to continue with the powerlifting, said I could do well. I trained a few times out at his home gym but then I fractured my sternum at the Harold Holt pool (the 10 metre platform, a pin drop and my fear of heights = ouch) and had to stop training.
If you see Barry say hi to him from Emma, he's the one that encouraged me to compete that one time and I won best lift of the day out of all divisions and genders :)
I would love to deadlift again (my arms are too long and skinny to compete effectively in bench and squats make me nervous once I'm up at bigger weights) but the gym I'm at is a boxing gym and I don't think any powerlifters train there, so I'm kinda out of the loop. I'll keep an eye out for comps though and might pop down to watch one for inspiration.
Em

Congrats Katie! Good to see you lifting again Skram. I've finally talked my partner into lifting and she now loves it. You should definitely start a training diary because the more female diaries the better. Gives my partner the chance to see how in her reach strength is.
Posted via Mobile Device

Once I start a more worthwhile programme and figure out how to post it here I will (I'm still at weak n00b stage :p)
Em