• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Music] Any Metal fans here?

Iced Earth is awesome...I still liked Ripper on vocals but doesn't compare with the Barlow years. Burnt Offerings is superb!

Didn't mind Owens so much.. but Barlow still owns him...

Burnt Offerings is fantastic, but favourite would have to be Something Wicked This Way Comes.

Me and my friend must be the only 2 people in the world that would take Owens over Barlow lol
That said the Barlow albums are typically better to listen to. TGB and FA were a bit hit and miss

Me and my friend must be the only 2 people in the world that would take Owens over Barlow lol
That said the Barlow albums are typically better to listen to. TGB and FA were a bit hit and miss

I think it's fairly well accepted that Ripper has a better voice, but Barlow has a cult status with the fans I think, and the albums were generally better. Although I quite like Framing Armageddon :)

I think it's fairly well accepted that Ripper has a better voice, but Barlow has a cult status with the fans I think, and the albums were generally better. Although I quite like Framing Armageddon :)

FA was good apart from the filler
Title track, the clouding, domino decree, 10,000, setian massacre were all awesome

My favourite IE song set was the Gettysburg trilogy. Shit was fucking epic

FA was good apart from the filler
Title track, the clouding, domino decree, 10,000, setian massacre were all awesome

My favourite IE song set was the Gettysburg trilogy. Shit was fucking epic

Gettysburg trilogy is awesome, my other favs are The Clouding, Dante's Inferno, Question of Heaven and Phantom of the Opera...

A question of Heaven was the first song of theirs I heard so that's hands down my favourite.. i'm off to listen to that not...

Been listening to Blackwater Park - Opeth this morning forgot what such a great album it is..

On the topic of great metal while driving to work, one of my favorite Therion tracks:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Eegv66yP3c]Therion - In the Desert of Set - YouTube[/ame]

I like driving to work listening to Judas Priest - Painkiller.

+1. Love it. Been listening to jp since I was a wee boy.

I also like the 80's hard rock/metal bands:

twisted sister
def leppard
poison
motley crue
kiss
alice cooper

If anyone is a fan of those bands you might like the comedy outfit steel panther - those boys crack me up.

I also listen to a bit of korn, limp bizkit, metallica (later stuff), evanescence.

lately i've been trying to expand my horizons a bit and quite like avenged sevenfold, disturbed, rob zombie and white zombie. I've also gotten intto the symphonic metal stuff like night wish, kamelot, within temptation and epica.

ta, everyone, for all the suggestions that have been posted, i'll have to get my listening ears on over the weekend.

I also listen to a bit of korn, limp bizkit, metallica (later stuff), evanescence.

lately i've been trying to expand my horizons a bit and quite like avenged sevenfold, disturbed, rob zombie and white zombie. I've also gotten intto the symphonic metal stuff like night wish, kamelot, within temptation and epica.

I am always crankin Korn, Disturbed, White Zombie and Metallica.
My son is a little metal fan too, he got a Hot Wheels MP3 player for his birthday and got me to fill it with Disturbed, Metallica, Korn, Rise Against, ACDC and some other stuff, he loves it.

Anyone here get into Buried in Verona ? Aussie band , cannot stop listening to their latest album Notorious .

[YOUTUBE][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hIGb4IOOqI]Buried In Verona - Ivory - YouTube[/ame][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlnoUhBaPAs]Buried In Verona - Lion Heart - YouTube[/ame][/YOUTUBE]

I am always crankin Korn, Disturbed, White Zombie and Metallica.
My son is a little metal fan too, he got a Hot Wheels MP3 player for his birthday and got me to fill it with Disturbed, Metallica, Korn, Rise Against, ACDC and some other stuff, he loves it.

That's awesome. My olds and I had a mutual loathing for each others music.

When you walk past your son's room, instead of telling him to turn that shit off, you'll probably be telling him to turn that shit up. And no need to put up with faggy boy bands either.

Props for the hot wheels mp3 player too.

+1. Love it. Been listening to jp since I was a wee boy.

I also like the 80's hard rock/metal bands:

twisted sister
def leppard
poison
motley crue
kiss
alice cooper

If anyone is a fan of those bands you might like the comedy outfit steel panther - those boys crack me up.

ta, everyone, for all the suggestions that have been posted, i'll have to get my listening ears on over the weekend.

If you like Symphonic Metal / Rock try
Sky of Avalon

That's awesome. My olds and I had a mutual loathing for each others music.

When you walk past your son's room, instead of telling him to turn that shit off, you'll probably be telling him to turn that shit up. And no need to put up with faggy boy bands either.

Props for the hot wheels mp3 player too.

Haha, same with me and my oldie, my son and I hate the shit my daughter plays though, drives us insane.
He always asks for whatever he has heard and liked while I have been lifting in the garage as he spends a fair amount of time in there with me, he is desperate to bust out a chin up, he will get there one day, but at only 7 it might take a while.

If you like Symphonic Metal / Rock try
Sky of Avalon

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

Haha, same with me and my oldie, my son and I hate the shit my daughter plays though, drives us insane.
He always asks for whatever he has heard and liked while I have been lifting in the garage as he spends a fair amount of time in there with me, he is desperate to bust out a chin up, he will get there one day, but at only 7 it might take a while.

You can't fool me - you secretly love listening to No Direction, don't you? :eek:

On a related note, where can I buy cheap metal CDs from these days? I've started buying CDs again after a long hiatus and I am gobsmacked by the price of most CDs. Given that DVDs are around $5-10 for older movies and relatively new movies are <$15, I expected CDs to be the same.

I've found some good deals at JB, but I've pretty much exhausted that as an option. WowHD seems to be the most reasonably priced for a lot of things, but not everything ($20 for Hysteria - really? It's 25 years old ffs).

And I don't like the idea of "renting" digital copies of music from places like itunes either (which is why I'm buying CDs).

Anyone got any other suggestions?

For those with a perverse sense of humour and/or a rape dungeon might like A Little Piece of Heaven from A7x:

[YOUTUBE]VurhzANQ_B0[/YOUTUBE]

And for those with an asian fetish like me (and DKD if I remember correctly), steel panther has an interesting take on it:

[YOUTUBE]IqngrRBIpkw[/YOUTUBE]

Oh the irony of singing this at a concert in Japan (and you just know they picked up some groupies after the concert too).