• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
OK, looks like [MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION]; doesn't want to try to be a representative of the Muslim community here. Here's a link to a PDF of the Quran : https://www.clearquran.com/downloads/quran-english-translation-clearquran-edition-allah.pdf

And here's a link to a website which lists specific Quran verses which are of concern: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/violence.aspx

I'm going to, over time, judge for myself whether the Quran is the big problem. Others feel free to judge for yourself.

I just looked at the first one 2:191-193. It all sounded very good IMO; fight oppressors, give peace when they are peaceful etc etc, but then "Such is the retribution of the disbelievers" and "and worship becomes devoted to Allah alone." Those two phrases really seem fertile ground for trouble.

Anyone care to do the next or another one?

Last edited:
The religious texts were written by men not god(s).

Personally i'm a fire and brimstone type guy. Give me old testament blood and guts over new testament turn the other cheek.

Cain and able, knocked his own brother, moses drowning the pharoahs boys en masse in the red sea, that shit is war like as hell.

I won't comment on other texts as i don't know them. But isn't generally the message - mostly do good an heaven is open to you BUT don't let anyone shit on you either.

Its all about context eg. The meek shall inheret the earth is actually meant to mean those who dont lead with inequity and unjustly shall have the power.

To clarify my point in no way am i bagging the islamists here. I guess my point is that the Bible is pretty fucking brutal, lets not sugar coat it. Religion is hard out violent stuff. Religion pre dated states. Nowadays your state defines you in the west whilst in other parts of the world a persons tribe or religion defines them.

Ultimately there is no more final way to settle an argument than violence. Arguing theology is fucking useless if someone is stabbing you in the face. You lose the argument by default cause you're dead as shit

IMO terrorists promoting Islam are not actually promoting Islam, they are promoting their own view which has nothing to do with Islam

Wrong. Religion is 100% down to interpretation. You can't say their view is nothing to do with Islam when that's how they are interpreting it. If religious people don't want their chosen religion shown in bad light they should be active in pulling the heads in of those interpreting it supposedly incorrectly.

Going by the soccer. Aus playing Saudi Arabia . Apparently made up of mostly Muslim players refused to recognize the minute silence for those killed in London, most ran off and did their stretches. The do gooders like pack and his mates claim that it was lost in translation but a couple did stand for the silence the rest didn't. Seems they aren't too concerned about showing they are against extremism.

Last edited:
I'm all for a balanced POV. This website is not that. A poor source to quote.

The website's commentary doesn't really matter, I'm just after a list of objections that the "anti-Quran" folk have so I/we can make our own judgements.

Going by the soccer. Aus playing Saudi Arabia . Apparently made up of mostly Muslim players refused to recognize the minute silence for those killed in London, most ran off and did their stretches. The do gooders like pack and his mates claim that it was lost in translation but a couple did stand for the silence the rest didn't. Seems they aren't too concerned about showing they are against extremism.

Yep, that was disgraceful. They said it was because it wasn't a part of Saudi culture (observing a minute's silence). But they (Radio 4BC) listed half a dozen or so times in recent years where the Saudi Soccer Team observed a minutes silence for other things whilst in other Countries.

Saudi Arabia is supposedly funding I.S.I.S.

OK, I just looked at the next five or so objections that that website has to the Quran, they seemed minor. Then came 3:149-152 "O you who believe! If you obey those who disbelieve, they will turn you back on your heels, and you end up losers. Allah is your Master, and He is the Best of Helpers. We will throw terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve, because they attribute to Allah partners for which He revealed no sanction. Their lodging is the Fire. Miserable is the lodging of the evildoers."

I think it's easy to see how that (the "WE") in concert with the other quotes could be used as a call to attack disbelievers and non-Muslims.

Last edited:
Yep, that was disgraceful. They said it was because it wasn't a part of Saudi culture (observing a minute's silence). But they (Radio 4BC) listed half a dozen or so times in recent years where the Saudi Soccer Team observed a minutes silence for other things whilst in other Countries.

Saudi Arabia is supposedly funding I.S.I.S.

Saying it's not Saudi culture is bullshit even if that was the case it's not an excuse. Out of respect you observe other cultures traditions especially something as easy and non challenging as observing silence for murdered people.

The thing that is concerning is how quiet all the moderate muslims are in speaking out against these attacks. Sure you hear the odd one sort of speak out but there isn't this mass outcry from muslims against those extremists who are defaming their religion of peace.

You don't know shit ****.

Quite aggressive for no reason.lol. Good to see you still never add anything at all to any debate. Please put me on ignore again. Tell everyone but then continue to read my posts and claim you have me on ignore.

OK, I just looked at the next five or so objections that that website has to the Quran, they seemed minor. Then came 3:149-152 "O you who believe! If you obey those who disbelieve, they will turn you back on your heels, and you end up losers. Allah is your Master, and He is the Best of Helpers. We will throw terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve, because they attribute to Allah partners for which He revealed no sanction. Their lodging is the Fire. Miserable is the lodging of the evildoers."

I think it's easy to see how that (the "WE") in concert with the other quotes could be used as a call to attack disbelievers and non-Muslims.
You continually mention me for no reason. I'm obviously on you're mind.

Quite aggressive for no reason.lol. Good to see you still never add anything at all to any debate. Please put me on ignore again. Tell everyone but then continue to read my posts and claim you have me on ignore.
Classic Baz. Total rubbish ?
Stop stealing my oxygen.