• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Andrey Malanichev at PTC

The truly strong guys seem to be the ones that look the most mentally prepared, I do not know of any Russian lifters who go nuts on the platform to psych themselves up. These lifters remind me more of soviet olympic lifters.

humble guy, "from russia with love" hahaha

Max and I witnessed the Russian team lift at WPC Worlds.

Unbelievably humble and quiet.

We still talk about the poindexter, he had a handbag on the whole weekend. We thought he was a gopher for the Russians, weighed all of 75kg, never spoke a word.

He lifted in the bench comp, benched 192.5kg, raw, at 75kg, no arch. Strongest poindexter in the world lol

No Russian is stupid enough to take test orally, I have seen liquid Anadrol and Dianabol though lol

Anyway, he lifts in the IPF, he is 100% drug free

he did lift in the IPF before his third strike along with Balaev. Impressive lifter though, just like Coan, three strikes but still respected by majority of IPF lifters

I think they are respected by ALL lifters, not just IPF

I didnt know about their indiscretions Mac, thanks for that

Isn't the whole russian squad serving a ban?

I think they have been "put on notice" by the IPF along with Poland and I think the Urkrain, if ANY lifter tests positive that nation will be suspended from competing in IPF for 2 years. I suspect that we may see some new names from those contries this year...

At the risk of taking this off topic, just to clear up the facts re the drugs issue.
Malanichev and Belyaev both were banned for 2 years for steroids after the IPF tested them in 2006. After returning to competition were caught again, this time by Russia after the Cup of Titans in 2009.

Russia and Ukraine were put on sanction and given repeated warnings due to their local testing regimes being very suspect, ie no drug testing at national events, and not giving the IPF up to date whereabouts info of their top athletes for out of comp testing. In 2008, Julia Zaugulova went positive in an IPF out of comp test, and the IPF banned the Russian team from competing in a number of regional and international comps in 2008-2009.

After the suspension Russia picked up their act a little, which is why so many RPC was the one who caught them the second time.

Poland, Argentina and Iran were all put on probation this year for pretty much the same reason.

That said, I find it very hard not to like Malanichev despite these indiscretions, just like Coan.

I don't know, possibly.

They are going to use drugs weather they get tested or not, they'll just try to beat the system. Fuck it, just let them run rampant and lift huge mother fucking weights.

Olympic sprinters do, track and field athletes do, boxers do, cyclists do and on the list goes.

I was reading some thing that said that they had to have below a 3% positive test rate or something before being considered for the olympics. I don't know what can be done though, not every country has testing programs like Australia and I assume pretty much every tested sport has at least some drug cheats.

If you want untested lifting there are other feds that provide that anyway.

EDIT: This is getting a bit off topic now though.

At the end of the day Malanichev is an insane lifter and I'd love to see him give a seminar.

I don't know much about drugs but I do know that they alone won't get you to a 450kg squat.

Last edited:
I was reading some thing that said that they had to have below a 3% positive test rate or something before being considered for the olympics. I don't know what can be done though, not every country has testing programs like Australia and I assume pretty much every tested sport has at least some drug cheats.

If you want untested lifting there are other feds that provide that anyway.

EDIT: This is getting a bit off topic now though.

At the end of the day Malanichev is an insane lifter and I'd love to see him give a seminar.

I don't know much about drugs but I do know that they alone won't get you to a 450kg squat.

I dont think any oly sport could test below 3% in drug testing...maybe table tennis but saying that they are prob taking speed or some sort of stim lol.

Olympics shouldnt be a tested event anyway.