• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

An Open Letter to Arnold Schwarzenegger From Steve Reeves

While it is possible that Reeves was natural (and he did have a look that was quite possibly, with gifted genetics, naturally achievable with many many years of hard work and intense dedication) I believe it was Kurt Marnul who said he was introduced to steroids by Reeves, as well as Reg Park discussing Reeves usage. I honestly find it very difficult to believe that this 'letter' is anything other than an Internet trolling.

Reeves was said to have been one of the pioneers introducing steroids to bodybuilding. Arnold (while certainly influential) freely admitted to the use of illicit substances to obtain his fantastic body. Only a stupid man would make such a plea, and Reeves certainly did not strike me as stupid.

It is phrased too well for a man who did not speak English as his first language. Add into it that he died over a decade ago, and I find it difficult to believe that this is anything more than someone who is disappointed with the mass monsters of today lashing out under a pseudonym.

Well, it's already been discussed why this video probably isn't legit. Still, I like it, if for no other reason than that I like the look of the old-timers, and if I were to make my physique a priority, that's the look I'd be going for.

I have no idea whether Reeves ever used gear or not but if he did, he totally wasted it. He had a pretty average physique in my opinion. Good shape but not much development. His physique would be attainable by anyone with a good frame and a bit of dedication.

Bradsky that article is bullshit. Reeves had a similar formula and it was equally useless.

I'm 176cm and have competed at 85kgs clean in 2005. I wasn't 5% but I would have been 7 and there isn't 9kgs in 2%. With a couple of years prep I believe I could be 90kgs in comp shape. I have also competed under 80 and looked like a plucked chicken at that weight.

Your muscular potential is where you decide to stop.

For a 6 foot male, 90 kgs should be like the 140/100/180 or whatever it is. That's about where you make it out of the novice category.

For a 6 foot male, 90 kgs should be like the 140/100/180 or whatever it is. That's about where you make it out of the novice category.

Luke Beltcher is 6' 90kg onstage. Last I checked he was our national champion.

Just doing a bit more reading:

Michael Waddington over 90kg division australian champion 2011, 2010 - comes in at 6' 92kg.

Internationally Layne Norton is a name that gets a lot of mentions. He's 5'10 coming in at 190 pounds.

Luke Beltcher is 6' 90kg onstage. Last I checked he was our national champion.

There's more than bodyweight that goes into deciding who gets the trophy. All of those guys would have beaten heavier competitors.

I stand by the point that at 6' you need to be very close to 90 to look the part. 183cm and 83 kgs would look like a rake handle.