• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

am i going crazy??

alex

has anyone here ever looked in the mirror and thought to themselves man my arms look like they are getting smaller?? im not being superficial or anything as im really happy because all my weights are going up and ive never felt better but i cant help notice this. could i be working them too much??

i squat, bench, deadlift, bent row, military press, bb curl and then db triceps. 3 days a week. is this too much and could be having an adverse effect on my arms. should i cut anything out??

mabey me just losing my mind haha.

cheers alex

well gary there is probably some truth to that i guess. im now sitting t 83kg which is a big jump form 68kg when i started. do you think that it is too big a workout? i know a lot of people on here say bb curls are waste of time....

I guess only you could tell if it is too much, I know some would say it isnt but then some would say dont go overboard. You could probably drop the arm work if you think it isnt working, which seems to be the case. Maybe try close grip chins?
If you wanted to lower your volume a touch but increase intensity/effort you could do something like what I do

A: squat, bench press, bent row, dips
B: squat, military press, deadlifts, chins

I havent done curls since I started my journal and have still noticed gains in the size of my arms.

that sounds like a very good idea matey. i have noticed because of the size of my workout my intensity isnt there for every one of my lifts. which isnt real good if you want to up your lifts and gain mass. those routines def sound like the go. im thinking i might drop the bb curl and tricep db. and exchange them for dips and close grip chins. see how that works for a month or two....

do you just alternate a and b workouts??

i have noticed because of the size of my workout my intensity isnt there for every one of my lifts.

Thats why I thought it was a good idea also, by the time I got to deads I was knackered and not putting as much effort in. Yep alternate between the two

Most people frown on it, but you could take measurements starting from now.

The tape measure doesn't lie.

no worries gary appreciate it matey. will most definately give it a go.

cheers bud!!

gday blbarclay. do you mean most people frown on bb curls?? i have heard that a lot from on here. whats markos view on it???

gday blbarclay. do you mean most people frown on bb curls?? i have heard that a lot from on here. whats markos view on it???

No mate, some people frown on measuring.

Curls are fine, so long as they are after your more important compound exercises.

I have that same perception but only up close.From way back I often sneak a peek in the gym mirror and I can see the size of my arms,and the rest of my torso but up close I can`t see much.Maybe up close gives you a different perception.:confused:

yeah i know what you mean. im not usually one to worry or think about that sort of stuff. i guess i just dont want to overwork something and have a negative effect rather than a positive one ect ect.