• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Am i expecting to much to soon

roidsuck

Hi guy's ive been training for a year now but dont see any real gains! I eat right ( eggs, tuna, beans ect ) But....I don't go to a gym ( have free weights at home ) and i train one muscle group once a week and sometimes miss a session or 2 so i could miss up to 3 weeks without doing back for example. ( but that doesnt happen to often )I'm also still learning what works best for me.

I feel a bit dissapointed but i am NOT GIVING UP.
Just curious as to WHY im not seeing any real changes :(

PS, I am alot stronger and getting harder ( Muscles that is! :)

Cheers :)

... sometimes miss a session or 2 so i could miss up to 3 weeks without doing back for example.

OK - depends on how often those misses are.

Grab your chart (if you have one) for the last 4 weeks. What schedule were you able to keep? How many times are you getting the weights done, and what are you doing when you are doing them (ie. what programme)?

If I was training and hadn't seen a difference in 3 months I would be worried. 12 months is rediculous.

If I where you I would switch to a full body routine 3-4 times per week and make sure I was getting 3x my BW of protein every day. For a 100kg person 300g for example.

Try this:
Squat 1x20, 1x15
Bench Press 3x8
OH Press 3x8
Bent Over Row 2x8
Deadlift 3x5

At the end of every session chuck in some dips or pullups, even curls if you must.

Do this for 3 months and if you don't notice any difference, you aren't eating enough food.

The above program isn't mine, but it's what I used when I first started. I was seeing changes month-to-month, if I hadn't I doubt I would still be lifting now!

Goodluck champ!

Yeah, mate something is not right.

They say the first 6-8 weeks is neural and after that your body starts to adapt to the specific training your doing, in your case.. hypertrophy. After 52 weeks somethings not right if you aren't growing.

Do what BigJim said..

Consistency is the key. Don't miss 1 session (unless of course it is needed), don't miss 1 meal, don't drink all weekend and expect to be stronger come Monday.

Sounds like you're not eating enough, as you say your muscles are getting stronger and harder.

Hmmm....Shit now i am worried. Or maybe it's just i think im not growing? I'm pretty sure i work out fine. Food may be the problem.

I'm 33 and weigh 95....

I'm up at 4am...have a coffee ( no breakfast ) ( kick me )
Work smoko break at 8.30....Tin of 425 beans, stagg or a few egg whites with tuna and pasta.
Lunch at 11.30....Same as smoko
Get home at 1.30pm may not eat anything! Or 2-3 eggs.
then for tea....What ever we have! Always as good as i can ( protein wise )

Candyflip, I have no roster.

I take it im not eating enough! I get DOMS really well so obvioulsy ive done OK with my work out.

So really i should be consuming nearly 300 grams of protein a day? And i'm having what? 100 grams~! if that...

Last edited:
your not eating enough. Period. 3200+ cal eating plan and work off that. Im starting to think you dont work out right. You mentioned earlier that you ate right but now your saying food maybe the problem. Chuck up a eating diary as well as a training diary if there is not one.

Goodluck and keep at it!

What are you lifts?

Bench, Squat, Deadlift and Overhead press.

If you are doing bodybuilding im guessing you do higher reps, so just post up the kinda weight you would be doing on the above exercises and for how many reps.

Your diet, put bluntly, is shithouse.

You grow at the dinner table, not at the gym bud. A lot of people dont realise this. Get your diet in check and you will notive a huge difference im sure!

How tall are you?

Wow dude...

In under 6 months by total went from 110 ( didn't even squat to ) 430.

My weight went from 70ish kg to 105 in less than 6 months.

Consistency is the key.

DOMS is not directly related to muscle growth/strength in anyway either.. A good judge of success is STRENGTH.

Wow dude...

In under 6 months by total went from 110 ( didn't even squat to ) 430.

My weight went from 70ish kg to 105 in less than 6 months.

Consistency is the key.

DOMS is not directly related to muscle growth/strength in anyway either.. A good judge of success is STRENGTH.

35 Kgs in 6 months?? jesus christ, no offence but that must of been alot of fat or a massive cycle ;) even cycling youd put alot of fat on.
THough your lifts are awesome,

35 Kgs in 6 months?? jesus christ, no offence but that must of been alot of fat or a massive cycle ;) even cycling youd put alot of fat on.
THough your lifts are awesome,

Or underweight .. if your 6'2 getting to 100kg (bone structure alone would be heavy) is too easy for anybody shorter thats another matter..

haha i forgot about height, thats true
i weighed 72kg at 6ft... now im at 92 kg at 6ft
that was not 6months though

Haha yeh I'm a tad ove 6ft.. There's no denying some was fat , Was some where around 20% fat.

My point was merely, this dudes doing something wrong, I have average genetics.

your not eating enough. Period. 3200+ cal eating plan and work off that. Im starting to think you dont work out right. You mentioned earlier that you ate right but now your saying food maybe the problem. Chuck up a eating diary as well as a training diary if there is not one.

Goodluck and keep at it!

i mean i eat good food just obviously not enough.
I will chuck up my routine ( if you can call it that ) later on tonight, Thanx guys for your input

i mean i eat good food just obviously not enough.
I will chuck up my routine ( if you can call it that ) later on tonight, Thanx guys for your input

No offense but a tin of beans or a can of Stag isnt good food.

Try getting some round steak or even lean minced beef.
Microwave a potato and get 1/4 head of lettuce for fiber.

Nutrition is hard if you dont prepare.
Cook your protein a couple of days in advance. Not all week like some do.
At the end of the week the last thing you want to see is old ass protein.

Last edited: