• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

All calories not equal!!

just saw this video last night and it has excellent information regarding proper nutrition.

It matters what you put in your pie hole.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSLf5IIRKVs&feature=youtube_gdata_player]ASK COACH: Counting Calories...? - YouTube[/ame]

Not according to some on here...

What Vivianne said.

Did he really say you burn 50% more calories when you eat whole foods????????????????

Two good points at the start and from there it just went to absolute shit explaining them.

Last edited:
The thing is some people as soon as you mention that you don't have to eat 100% clean people assume you eat protein powder with chocolate and lollies all day.

If you eat mostly clean food the health differences will be minimal compared to someone eating 100% clean foods.

Number 1 thing is don't get fat and eat a wide range of mostly clean food but some chocolate and pizza are not all of a sudden going to make your health go down the toilet.

Ok I have watched the first 5 seconds and I see its Charles Poliquin. Haha. The bloke pushes more unscientific crap than anyone going around. I would do more research before believing what he says.

The thing is some people as soon as you mention that you don't have to eat 100% clean people assume you eat protein powder with chocolate and lollies all day.

If you eat mostly clean food the health differences will be minimal compared to someone eating 100% clean foods.

Number 1 thing is don't get fat and eat a wide range of mostly clean food but some chocolate and pizza are not all of a sudden going to make your health go down the toilet.

Correct.

I get that a lot. I will say I am going to have some cheeseburgers today when at the gym and suddenly it is, oh that is all you eat yeah. Just because I do not follow everyone's extremism ideas of being healthy means I do not eat well. They just tend to forget that most of my meals come from homemade food and if I have bread it is dark rye and full of fibre and nutrients. But hey I ate a cheeseburger so must do that all the time.

I like Poliquin on some things, I don't on others (dogma).

Ever since he started pimping shit like "Fast Brain 2.0" he lost a little credibility. Guy is smart though, probably a little dogmatic at times though and sort of invents his own science.

I get that a lot. I will say I am going to have some cheeseburgers today when at the gym and suddenly it is, oh that is all you eat yeah. Just because I do not follow everyone's extremism ideas of being healthy means I do not eat well. They just tend to forget that most of my meals come from homemade food and if I have bread it is dark rye and full of fibre and nutrients. But hey I ate a cheeseburger so must do that all the time.

exactly

And my argument is that a burger or pizza isn't that bad anyway.

A burger what do you have

Bread - fine if your not gluten intolerant.
Meat - fine
Cheese - a bit of dairy is good
Salad - clean
Then some sauce - nothing wrong with a little bit of sauce.

Then people make out a burger is like eating poison.

Ok I have watched the first 5 seconds and I see its Charles Poliquin. Haha. The bloke pushes more unscientific crap than anyone going around. I would do more research before believing what he says.

How do you arrive at your conclusions?

Don't bash things you are not doing or that does not fit in with you, it makes you read like a goose Bazza

We *all *speculate, try things, read, listen and use what works poliquin is not alone.

I am not beclouded by anyone, i draw conclusions based on my experience and self evident truths, I have a lot to learn about myself, let alone trying to figure what's best for others.
It's a journey Bazza, not a destination.

I had some dark chocolate today and a small pastry. hardly think my goals are on fire because of it.

moderation and balance in all things. the 80/20 rule is oft cited because it is a good rule :)

I like Poliquin on some things, I don't on others (dogma).

Ever since he started pimping shit like "Fast Brain 2.0" he lost a little credibility. Guy is smart though, probably a little dogmatic at times though and sort of invents his own science.

You said it perfect at the bottom. The amount of unproven supps he tries to sell is crazy. He was pimping out his blood protein powder as being some massive amount better than whey at one stage. The guy is definetly not who I would rely on for anything scientificly proven.

How do you arrive at your conclusions?

Don't bash things you are not doing or that does not fit in with you, it makes you read like a goose Bazza

We *all *speculate, try things, read, listen and use what works poliquin is not alone.

I am not beclouded by anyone, i draw conclusions based on my experience and self evident truths, I have a lot to learn about myself, let alone trying to figure what's best for others.
It's a journey Bazza, not a destination.

I have read literally hundreds of Poliquins articles. I know exactly what he is on about. I still like reading his training articles and take plenty of what he says on board. But his nutrition and supp information is far too unscietific and out there for me.