• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Alcohol

kyronE

i cut alcho out of my system due to my cutting diet
but with nye right around the corner i dont wanna be the only person not drinking so i'd like to ask

what alcho has the lowest amount of calories ?

If all you're doing is drinking to get drunk just have a few shots of 151 then drink something normalthe rest of the night. Im assuming you'd be well fucked up and wouldn't have taken in too many calories.
Dislaimer : Im borderline retarded so don't follow my advice

Mate it's one night of the year it will make no difference what you drink and how much of it, you won't be putting on any weight overnight, putting on weight takes consistent effort over a long period of time.

And if you have not been drinking for a while you probably won't be drinking much anyway as you are not used to it any more, and a few drinks will probably do you anyway.

PS: Alcohol has no 'e' on the end of it:p

PPS: Most of the calories are in the mixers, low carb beer and stuff like Jim Beam Zero have stuff all calories, compared to some others!!

PPPS: Here is some interesting reading: http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/15809-alcohol.html

Last edited:
i dont wanna be the only person not drinking

WHY?

Are you scared you might miss out on something? Are you worried you'll get called names for being sensible and not drinking? Do you think you are being anti-social for not drinking?

Again I ask WHY don't you want to be the only one not drinking?

If you cant enjoy christmas/new years then you have something wrong with you....dont worry about what you do in the week between Christmas and new years, worry about what your doing in the weeks between New years and Christmas ;)

WHY?

Are you scared you might miss out on something? Are you worried you'll get called names for being sensible and not drinking? Do you think you are being anti-social for not drinking?

Again I ask WHY don't you want to be the only one not drinking?

Couldn't agree more, if you're freinds pay you out for not drinking, then find some new ones that will accept you for who you are.

To be honest, if you want to - it won't really hurt you for one night. It's more the recovery if it leads to a few days of messy diet and training. Don't feel the need to drink just because of the light others may put you in. Drink only if you really want to.

i'm liking this at the moment: Big Head - Australia's First No Carb Beer!

any spirit and and diet coke is probably going to be ok too. any alcohol is going to get metabolised into sugar at some point though (someone like maxbrenner can probably tell you exactly how).

but yeah, i've never really understood why people HAVE to drink, i just don't get it...

if you're freinds pay you out for not drinking, then find some new ones that will accept you for who you are.
^this^
Its seriously just the turn of a new year.... its not the turn of a millenium or any other milestone in history.
Enjoy a drink at midnight! That is what I will be doing :)
I will be hitting my home gym 7am as I do on any ordinary Sunday morning.

I'm gonna keep my drinking down to a minimum this new years.

Maybe I'll remember this one, haha.

I knock off work at 10pm. Will be having a couple when I get home, see the new year in, maybe some sexy time and then off to bed.

I agree with some here, do not drink because other want you to drink, only drink if YOU want to drink, it might just be the wording of your original post, but it does sound like you don't want to drink but are planning to because others want you to drink.

If you do not want to drink then don't simple really, if you do then get into it and enjoy the night by drinking sensibly. I know I will be having a drink and I am not concerned about my training as it's only one day out of 12 months even if you lose two days of training who really cares in the scheme of things.

....dont worry about what you do in the week between Christmas and new years, worry about what your doing in the weeks between New years and Christmas ;)

^^^^^^ This, it's what you do most of the time that matters the most!

I went off alcohol as a way to detox initially. a year and a half later I am still alcohol free. After staying off alcohol for an extended period of time, having just a tiny bit to drink makes me feel like rubbish and my body reacts like its just been poisoned. Plus there is no motivation to work out when you're pissed/hungover!