• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Alcohol?!?!?

Carbs are bad
You need to eat 10 meals a Day to get results.
Chicken is better than steak
Sweet potato is better than potato
You have to eat clean all the time

What a load of absolute bullshit. I've been in this game long enough to know the ins an outs of the Sport.

1) Carbs are what fill muscles out and provide over-all energy not just for working out but for ed life,

2) Red meat will always be superior to Poultry as this is what man was originally made of. Man didn't go catching chickens when he was hungry, instead he hunted wild game for the red meat which they possesed.

3) Sweet potato compared to normal potato, please get a life mate.

What a load of absolute bullshit. I've been in this game long enough to know the ins an outs of the Sport.

1) Carbs are what fill muscles out and provide over-all energy not just for working out but for ed life,

2) Red meat will always be superior to Poultry as this is what man was originally made of. Man didn't go catching chickens when he was hungry, instead he hunted wild game for the red meat which they possesed.

3) Sweet potato compared to normal potato, please get a life mate.

Sorry I stuffed that up, he says steak is better than chicken. Steak is awesome but as a blanket statement that steak is better than chicken is just bullshit. They are both great and both provide different nutrients.

Anyway back on topic drinking is fun and having the odd drink does not mean that you can't cut at all.

Sorry I stuffed that up, he says steak is better than chicken. Steak is awesome but as a blanket statement that steak is better than chicken is just bullshit. They are both great and both provide different nutrients.

Anyway back on topic drinking is fun and having the odd drink does not mean that you can't cut at all.

Steak is better than chicken yes. I believe chicken has some useful nutrients, but still over-all in the long run your going to be better off eating red meat. This might sound biased, but red meat is extremely healthly for humans, especially males.

Poultry such as fish has definite benefits yes, but chicken is not as far up the line as fish.

My personal opinion is to split Poultry and Red Meat 50/50, that way your getting the best of both worlds.

And as for drinking, i say go for it, you only live once.

My personal opinion is to split Poultry and Red Meat 50/50, that way your getting the best of both worlds.

This

Have both to get the benefits of both.

Back on the topic of drinking I still haven't heard one reason from Joel why you cannot drink at all and cut at the same time.

Ive never said carbs are bad....but I do believe getting your energy source more-so from fats is a much better way for a human to run.

Steak is better than chicken...full stop...yes I still eat chicken but steak is better...if you knew anything about nutrition you wouldnt see this as a blanket statement.

I just believe that if your trying to cut and get in the best condition of your life you shouldnt be drinking....now this may be crazy for you to understand but 99% of ppl who really put their training and nutrition 1st will understand this....this is not bro science its common knowledge.

Bazza the only way you will ever shut me up is if you post pics or post videos of your lifts....until then your just a lil bitch behind a computer screen.

Max Brenner did it...why cant u....

At the end of the day why even waste calories on booze when dieting? if any of you guys have ever dieted before...which is fairly clear u havnt...you will not feel like booze you will want as much food as u can get.

I found this a really interesting read.

Got DRUNK every weekend during my contest prep as an expermt, pics inside of results - Bodybuilding.com Forums

I'm not drinking at the moment for the same reasons as Potty said. Except I normally wouldn't skip a gym session but it wouldn't be 100%. Having said that, a glass of red with dinner or something is not going to kill your gains (or cutting goals) if it fits your macros.

Last time I had a big one, ended up in hospital for stitches in head and injured my shoulder. That really got me thinking. Made a resolution with myself that I will not be drinking until I can SOHP what I could preinjury. That was 65kg, currently lifted 1kg :p YEW!

I didn't have a cheat meal for 3 weeks and saved them all up for grand final day. Got wasted, blew $200 on beer, don't remember anything, ANYTHING after about 6pm, not sure how I got home?!?! That should satisfy me until NYE.

Max Brenner did it...why cant u....
Joel your assuming that I care what some bro on the net thinks about me and my lifting.

What do I have to prove to you. I know what weights I lift in the gym and I know how my diet is going.

At the end of the day why even waste calories on booze when dieting? if any of you guys have ever dieted before...which is fairly clear u havnt...you will not feel like booze you will want as much food as u can get.

Oh yes none of us have dieted now. More great wisdom from Joel.

Yes, you only live once so why fuck it up drinking a poison that's yields no nutritional or physical benefits???

I have no problem with people that dont want to drink at all, that's fine.

I don't drink that often but when I do I have a great time and I see no reason to totally cut it out.

If your only allowing yourself 2000calories, why waste them on a few drinks(5 drinks and there goes half)? Your gonna be eating even less and feeling even craper the day after. I hate the dehydration the next day.

I personally don't really enjoy drinking, and the few times i do drink a year I can get pretty lose. I change a lot when i drink though, my mates love drunk me, but not me lol.

Very entertaining read:p

Well I am happy to have a drink, and at the level I drink these days I do not believe that it will do any harm, or have any affects on my cutting, as long as I remain within my 2000 caloroes per day.

At 65 to 110 calories per drink I can not see that being a problem, especially since I only have a drink may be once a week or fortnight. If people chose not to drink that is up to them, it's your life.

To Joel, your arguments do not stack up at all, you have presented no evidence what so ever except 'everyone knows'! 'everyone knows' is not evidence or prove anything, and there are
plenty of studies out there that clearly show that 1-2 drinks per day are actually beneficial to good health and over all well being.

Here are just a few out of hundreds, according to these you are actually doing yourself harm by not having the odd beer or wine, so I guess NOT 'everyone knows', may be everyone including yourself does not know:

5 Surprising Health Benefits of Beer - Healthy Living on Shine

10 Health Benefits of Beer | Healthmad

Health Benefits of Beer.

Health Benefits Of Wine

And Joel how do you know you are the only one here that diets? I know I am on a strict 2000 cal per day diet, and have stuck to it like glue since starting my cut, along with a strict excercise routine, alcohol or no alcohol, I have met my protein needs, and am already showing good results, or is this another 'everyone knows' with no evidence what so ever.

I think some people need to chill out and get a life other than the bros at the gym, some of these posts seem like roid rage to me, coming from people who take things too seriously, there is a universe outside the gym :)

Last edited: