• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Alcohol

bacardi 151, shuddering just thinking about it! It even had a flame retardant fitted to the opening

bacardi151-llarge.jpg

im not a big drinker,but going away for new years and thinking about having a few drinks.would that effect muscle growth.it dosnt take me much to get a bit drunk these days.lol

To be honest there are far more important things to consider like diet. I know that sounds messed up coming from me but aint it true? Lift heavy lift frequently and eat well. That is at least 80% of body building and strength training right there. Drinking, smoking, fornicating taking the right protien suppliments these things are insignificant.

Yeas i have been drink and so what.

To be honest there are far more important things to consider like diet. I know that sounds messed up coming from me but aint it true? Lift heavy lift frequently and eat well. That is at least 80% of body building and strength training right there. Drinking, smoking, fornicating taking the right protien suppliments these things are insignificant.

Yeas i have been drink and so what.

Now that I look back at things. I spent from when I last worked out regularly to now drinking like a fish and ive lost all my strength. So I guess there is something in the alcohol is bad for muscles theory.

Ok, I don't drink at all (and never have), but what about all these big, but talk about going out and drinking every week end?
How do they make any gains when they drink so much?
A wise bodybuilder once told me that every time you get drunk it's like going back a whole week in training. How does that apply in this case?

Anabolic substances probably play a part in this.
They think because they are 'on' they can make gains while still dri king and partying.

And its true.

They allow them to be anabolic even when they are in a claorie deficient state.

It sjsut not fair is it.

it also interferes with the p450 enzyme process of the liver (the one that removes toxins form the body) this process also happens to be the one that metabolises estradiol