• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Age and bodybuilding

Men in their 30s & 40s always seem to have bigger chests and are generally more vascular.. (on tv)

Don't worry, these are the guys who have been training for many years before hand, as most of us know here it takes a lot to time and dedication to build a good physique, so unless you start lifting in your older years you are way ahead of most people, just have a look at the ages of the my Olympia's gone by they are all older coz they have built their bodies of many many years of hard work and dedication in the gym, and even the older guys will be making some decent gains given proper diet and training.

Everyone want s a quick fix and be massive at age 21, well its just not going to happen, you might have a decent body but there is still much room for improvement if your patient and work at it..

I think I am way more relaxed in my 30's and was more stressed in my late teens and early 20's. Keeping fat off back then was way easier but I am alot stronger and fitter in my 30's, just the bit round the belly is harder to keep down but none the less, alot happier in my 30's.

Don't worry, these are the guys who have been training for many years before hand, as most of us know here it takes a lot to time and dedication to build a good physique, so unless you start lifting in your older years you are way ahead of most people, just have a look at the ages of the my Olympia's gone by they are all older coz they have built their bodies of many many years of hard work and dedication in the gym, and even the older guys will be making some decent gains given proper diet and training.

Everyone want s a quick fix and be massive at age 21, well its just not going to happen, you might have a decent body but there is still much room for improvement if your patient and work at it..

Yeah true, I remember reading once that if you stick with it past 10 years then you're in some small percentile. I imagine it's do with the building up of the mind muscle connection with the muscles (over many years), plus the aid of experience (you realise what works best) and just generally the fact that gaining 1-2kg of solid a muscle over 10-20 years is much better than 5kg in one year.

Using the excuse of Family, life's stresses and job is a cop out.

i dont think its a cop out at all.. family will always come first .. Just one example - if im planing on going to the gym after work and my son would rather go kick the ball around. Then im going to kick that ball around and spend time with my son. The gym can wait untill im free. . at 18 this generally doesnt happen

It only needs a minimum of 2 sessions a week for 30 minutes a workout for most.

could yo uplease elaborate on this .. you think 2 sessions a week is enough to grow or enough to maintain what you have already built?

Yeah I second that, I can go on on Monday and then on Friday if I want and not lose a thing. When I get better things I need to spend me money on than my food bill (I eat as much as the wife and kids combined) I only go a couple days of the week, only thing that really affects me is the boredom of not going.

I dont think I make quite the same progress now after 10 months as I did in 10 months at age 18-19. But it's not a world apart. I'm stronger than I was, but I injure myself more easily it seems....