• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

After some dietary information.

Dylan

Hey guys.

been a member on here for a while, and you all seem like a cluey bunch.

ive got 4 weeks from today to lose as much weight as i can, as i leave for my recruit school on the 3rd of may. i fear that i may fail the BMI test.

ive pretty much got my gym routine on track, perfect mix of
weights/cardio etc and i dont feel as if i need any help in that regard.

however my diet may be lacking, im not sure. i have managed on this diet
in 3 months to lose 11kgs whilst gaining muscle. i used to weight 87.5 kgs and now i weight 76.5 kgs.

pretty much i consume on a daily basis:

breakfast:
2 scoops wpi powder
1 egg
400ml water.
and thats my breakfast shake i take before work.

morning tea:
25g homemade beef jerky
handful of nuts
couple of small slices of low fat cheese.
plenty of water.

lunch:
varies.
Same as my breakfast shake plus:
1 tomato
1 piece of avocado
few pieces of dark chocolate.
depending on how hard ive worked maybe something else, roast chicken perhaps.
plenty of water.

afternoon tea:
usually this is pre gym, so i only eat a low carb protein bar. i hate working out on a full stomach.

dinner:
pretty much alternates between steak, chicken, fish, and salad.

pre sleep:
i usually take 2 scoops of slow release casein powder and 400ml of water.

im prepared for someone to say my diet is crap, im just after advice in to what you guys would do. i dont drink, dont do any sort of drugs, never eat takeaway etc. as you can see ive gone for a low carb approach and its pretty much worked, so im happy in that regard. im just after opinions in slight changes.

cheers

Dylan

How tall are you and what is the BMI level? At 76.5kg an average sized person would most definitely be a healthy BMI. You're not 5 foot tall are you?

You dont seem to eat alot..

When you break it down..

Especially for your weight 76.5kg how tall are you exactly?!?

Try to have fruit in morning or first 2 meals then salad and vegies with every meal after that...

Post up a pic and your current exercise plan.. I dont know why you want to loose weight exactly? for bmi for army? are you 3 foot?

I have no idea how tall i am, ill get a measurement tommorrow.
for entry into the adf i was told i would have to lose between 10-15 kgs to fit the BMI they were expecting. id still like to trim some fat that remains on my mid section.

You dont seem to eat alot..

When you break it down..

Especially for your weight 76.5kg how tall are you exactly?!?

Try to have fruit in morning or first 2 meals then salad and vegies with every meal after that...

Post up a pic and your current exercise plan.. I dont know why you want to loose weight exactly? for bmi for army? are you 3 foot?

i eat alotttttttttttttttttttttt less then i used to.
but im never hungry, except for when i get home from the gym.

and its bmi for the navy. at my interview the doctor insisted i was overweight, and had to lose as much weight as possible. at 76.5 kgs i still have fat around my mid section.

i was 102kg and bmi was fine for the army..

Bmi is a load of shit anyway you must be either really short of have very small muscle mass for your dr to consider you fat at your weight.

i always thought bmi was a pretty poor way of measuring fat levels.
at the weigh in i was 87.5kgs and i was definately on the heavier scale.
he just said to me lose weight or you wont be accepted.
i may be 76.5 kgs now but my mid section is still pretty flabby, im not really happy with it. i havent really packed on any muscle on my arms (bit on my legs), rather just kept them the same size.

i will endevour to measure myself and write you up my gym schedule.

My BMI has always been saying i'm overweight even when i wasn't close. At 95kg at 6'3 I was considered borderline overweight by BMI and I was too skinny. at 100kg im 2 points off of obese... bullshit.

The armed forces aren't that tight on weight. What is your estimated height? Are you short, average?

i always thought bmi was a pretty poor way of measuring fat levels.
at the weigh in i was 87.5kgs and i was definately on the heavier scale.
he just said to me lose weight or you wont be accepted.
i may be 76.5 kgs now but my mid section is still pretty flabby, im not really happy with it. i havent really packed on any muscle on my arms (bit on my legs), rather just kept them the same size.

i will endevour to measure myself and write you up my gym schedule.

The services are screaming for people to the extent that whoever said that is talking rubbish (unless you're under five feet tall, I suppose). In the seven years I spent working on a Defence base I can assure you the ethos is 'get 'em in and we'll try to get them fit during initial training'.

Work on your strength and fitness so you blitz the beep test, situps and other circus tricks you need to do during the intake process.

And if you're going to Cerberus, don't eat the shit at Millie's and don't eat the duff (desserts) at the main galley -- Navy has an odd thing that sailors are still entitled to dessert choices at lunchtime :D.

And again if you're going to Cerberus, show some regard to the PTIs and interest in strength or agility or whatever, and they'll help you. If Big Joe and Luke and Scotty are still there, they'll probably be relieved that someone's actually interested rather than just doing the bare minimum to scrape through.

The services are screaming for people to the extent that whoever said that is talking rubbish (unless you're under five feet tall, I suppose). In the seven years I spent working on a Defence base I can assure you the ethos is 'get 'em in and we'll try to get them fit during initial training'.

Work on your strength and fitness so you blitz the beep test, situps and other circus tricks you need to do during the intake process.

And if you're going to Cerberus, don't eat the shit at Millie's and don't eat the duff (desserts) at the main galley -- Navy has an odd thing that sailors are still entitled to dessert choices at lunchtime :D.

And again if you're going to Cerberus, show some regard to the PTIs and interest in strength or agility or whatever, and they'll help you. If Big Joe and Luke and Scotty are still there, they'll probably be relieved that someone's actually interested rather than just doing the bare minimum to scrape through.

thank you for this excellent reply.

yes i will be going to Cerberus, less then a month now.

in terms of fitness strength, at my medical, i was fairly unfit.

that was 4 months ago.

i have my physical assessment on wednesday, ive done a few trial beep test runs and thrashed the navy entry level, so im happy about that.
ive also made an effort to be able to complete all the recruit school fitness as well etc. swimming, 2.4kms in 12 minutes (currently can do 4.8 in 24 minutes).

im still waiting on a height measurement.

anyway off to the gym :)

My pleasure, Dylan. Drop me a PM if you have any more questions about life at Cerberus. Be nice to Navy's security officer as he's one of my best friends and is only cranky on the outside :D.

If I may give you some more free advice, you'll face some challenges like the survival at sea phase in winter (crazy man, you!) and the fire, flood and gas chambers, but remember the training and instructors are there to get you through all of it successfully.

You'll love the weights room :).

You're about 26-27 on the BMI scale. Just over the healthy weight range, which means crap all if you have a bit of muscle on you. even at that range the navy would have no problem just like minithemeezer said. If you were in the 30's on the BMI scale they would probably have a problem but your fine. Just work on your fitness because getting that as high as possible before enlistment would make initial training a lot easier for you.

fatter you are the easier you float..

maybe thats why harry's is down so close to the naval base at wooly..
:p

thanks for the help guys.
physical tommorrow, ill let you all know how i go.
quick question.
during the day if im hungry i tend to snack on nuts. my girlfriend says i shouldnt as they will make you fat. i only eat about 1/2 a cup a day, at the most. usually 1/4.
how much do you guys eat?
cheers
dylan

Ok as a married man I will tell you this. Your one and only mistake was actually listening to your girlfriend.

You wont get fat as long as you have planned it with your calorie intake, in fact nuts give you some fats you may be missing out on through the rest of your diet. Plus they have lots of fibre, some protein and vitamin and mineral.

so i shouldnt feel guilty for having a handful?

good advice haha, glad she doesnt like them, more for me :)

so anyway has anyone done a diet like this?
i find im on a steady fat loss and im gaining muscle...
but i feel pretty sick at times.
if i get up to fast i get a huge headspin, which i never had before this diet.
its probably not the best thing considering im a rooftiler

Could be low blood pressure if your not drinking enough water, most likey would be low blood sugar if you are not eating enough or enough carbs.
Posted via Mobile Device