• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Advice regarding supplements

Subotai

Hi guys,I was looking to buy Horleys Ice Whey and some Musashi creatine supplement when I used the search function here and saw that this brands arent the best option. I have come up with a few products that I saw from the threads I read but I dont know which one to get when my current protein is finished. This are the products and thinking about:

Body ripped protein
Cost au$54 for 1.25 kgs
mmfitness.com.au/sports-supplements/30-Blended-Proteins/44-Body-Ripped-Protein-125kg/

WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE (N.Z made 100% WPI) from Bulk nutrients

This one costs au$45 for 1 kg
bulknutrients.com.au/wpi.cfm

Pure Whey Stack 1kg from Champion nutrition

Costs au$46 for lol 1 kg

pumpnutrition.com.au/product.php?id=29

Max's GTE 1 kg

Costs au$47 1 kg

a1supplements.com.au/product.aspx?ID=572

those are the proteins,and for pre workout I'm thinking:

Pre workout xtreme

au$45 for 500 gms

fitnesscentral.com.au/_product_44013/Pre-Workout_Xtreme_500g

Perform Ade

au$69 I'm guessing for 630 gms

pumpnutrition.com.au/product.php?id=49

I didnt post their ingredients because then my post will be too long besides their websites have pictures and colours and stuff so they are less boring to look at:cool:.If it is needed then I'll post the ingredients here one by one .

I'll like to hear some opinions on these products to help me choose which one I should be getting next or if there is a product with similar characteristics around that price range.

I appreciate any advice you guys can give me

Lol I thought I dreamt posting this thread last night,it does seem more affordable and with similar characteristics. Have you used that protein before?

how about the last two products I listed? are there any other similar products as those?

are you the girl in your picture? :p

Sorry I don't have any experience with the last 2 products you mentioned, but others on the forum will probably chip in with their two cents so I'll let them comment.

As for my avatar.... grrr... one of the other mods changed it to that as a joke! that reminds me, I ought to change it back :D

You mentioned Fitness Central, his products are solid, his wpi is $99 for 3kg, Bioflex and Bulk Nutrients are also very good. I know both these guys and have reviewed there products. I would not personally take Maxs or Body Ripped. I have also used champion Nutrition and reviewed them as well, it is a good product. Pre Workout you could choose from many, i like VPX Shotgun, Isatori Morph, First Oder by Bodywell (4.7 gram serve and no fillers) Go for something without caffeine, no crash later. Also caffeine works against arginine.

AZZA

doesn't vpx shotgun has caffeine in it? I've heard that caffeine decreases the effect of creatine,s that true?

caffine is a direutic so it (should) effect creatine effectiveness i love a redbull now and again but hasnt ever affected my creatine gains im sure others on here would no more but id be more concernd about caffine affecting arginine performance (if you were supplementing) . your original post was about protien i use 100% gold by optimum very pleased with it. shotgun is a pre workout creatine caffine mix with all sorts of bits in pieces i use them because i have a very physical job that i start early and train between 2-4 pm they give me a little jump start. weva there the best for you??? theres no going past a good diet but in my OPINION if that shiney tub that sais yr guna get huge and look awsome is the motivation you need to train ,,,,,,atleast yr training

I'm about to run out of my protein direct WPC so I ordered some Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard WPI because apparently it's the best out there. Someone said it has won best protein for the past 5 years.

As for creatine, I've been told they're usually all the same but you should go for something German made. I went with MyoPure which is $52 for 1kg which was a good price for me.

Oh,ok,i don't remember where I read that caffeine and creatine were better off each other.
I've also heard good things about ON Whey Gold but I think I'll try the bulknutrients one,its cheaper and it seems it is recomended around here.

where can I find Myopure creatine? I'll like to see it

protein is protein seriously...

super hydroxo on supplementaiton andro specific is sfa different except price to unflavoured bulk whey..

It is not worth you losing sleep over....

You should piss the protein powder off and have Amino acids and carbs during training as "protein" complete slows digestion and blunts insulin spiking.

Your body has to break down the chains of proteins into amino acids so it can then use them, if it is already broken down i.e specific aminos then there is no work or time involved..

I have been reading through the forum trying to find a good list of supplements to be taking and when to be taking them. Can someone let me know if this is or isn't a good list? Cheers all.

Pre Workout - WPC & Oatmass
During Workout - BCAA Pro from Bioflex (unsure about exactally what BCAA's I need and this one just had a few in it so seemed like an easy way out if you know what I mean. Let me know if anyone has a better idea here on what to take)
Post Workout - WPC, Oatmass and Monohydrate Creatine (is it alright to take all out this??)

Meal Replacer - WPC & WMS

I have been reading through the forum trying to find a good list of supplements to be taking and when to be taking them. Can someone let me know if this is or isn't a good list? Cheers all.

Pre Workout - WPC & Oatmass
During Workout - BCAA Pro from Bioflex (unsure about exactally what BCAA's I need and this one just had a few in it so seemed like an easy way out if you know what I mean. Let me know if anyone has a better idea here on what to take)
Post Workout - WPC, Oatmass and Monohydrate Creatine (is it alright to take all out this??)

Meal Replacer - WPC & WMS

acetyl creatine would be better

bcaa's are bcaa's (branched chain amino acids) brand is not important. It is just a composite of 3 amino acids soley responsible for protein synthesis.

As for meal replacement remember there is more to food then CARBS/FAT/PROTEIN content, vitmains minerals antioxidents ect this is where people get it wong..

WPI with organic unhomoginised milk would make a far better meal replacemenet then wms.

Hey n00bs with that acetyl creatine do you mean acetyl carnitine? I had a look and thats the closest thing I could find. When I say what BCAA's I mean what other Amino Acids aswell. I had a look on the Bulk Nutrients site and its all just a little confusing all the supplements they have under the Amino Acid heading. I know that I could just buy the protein, oatmass and BCAA's but want to know what else is also beneficial as I just want to order the whole lot in one go. :) Cheers

Hey n00bs with that acetyl creatine do you mean acetyl carnitine? I had a look and thats the closest thing I could find. When I say what BCAA's I mean what other Amino Acids aswell. I had a look on the Bulk Nutrients site and its all just a little confusing all the supplements they have under the Amino Acid heading. I know that I could just buy the protein, oatmass and BCAA's but want to know what else is also beneficial as I just want to order the whole lot in one go. :) Cheers

Thats the thing everything is beneficial.. sorry i meant CREATINE ETHYL ESTER , my brian was being retarded.

I have not studied amino acids yet so i can only give info regarding info i have personally read.

Basically l-glutamine is hands down important to have in extra quantities as well..

Most people regard BCAA's L-Glutmaine and Creatine as all proven to actually do something worth noting.. Thats not to say the others dont do anything but this is mainly the things that show very positive results from increasing.

Depedning on your life style L-thenanine would be something to get onto and also GABA and L-carnitine... But i just use them personally because of issues with sleep and stress..

Thanks again n00bs for all your help :) Will order everything I need in the next few days and see how I go from there! Just another thing a mate of mine was talking about testosterome tablets and saying that they help fixed ripped muscles quicker. Ive heard that your testosterome levels don't start to drop off until your 28 so I can't see this being useful really with me being only 20. I'm guessing it couldn't be good for you either?