• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Advice on purchasing exercise equipment

kindred

I want to buy some additional dumb-bells. I currently use the hexagonal type so id like to continue with that trend. But not sure where is the best place to buy them. Should i go to the local exercise equipment shop? or would i get a better deal online and have them delivered? Also if i do get them from the shop whats a good price for a 50kg or higher dumb-bell? I live in South Australia.

Thanks for advice.

What are you going do with 50kg dumbbells?
Not many exercises at that kind of weight.
And very expensive too, for the limited use they would get.

Unless you are looking to get a whole rack full of dumbbells, why not get some adjustable spinlock dumbbells?
You can get them up to almost 60kg each.

We sell a 100kg adjustable set (up to 50kg each dumbbell) for $295 from Sydney, $60 del to Adelaide.
You may get a better deal locally or Melbourne prices are quite competitive.

Or check out eBay or Trading Post online for some good deals.

I want to use it for dumb-bell rows so i only need 1. I was doing them last night (30kg) and i got 10 reps for all my sets and realised i could lift much more.

So you just going to jump from 30kg to 50kg!
Progression is how it works, or you'll get injured again like last time.

Did you read my post above....

I mentioned adjustable dumbbells !

This means you don't have to buy fixed 35's, 40's, 45's and 50's !!!

i have some adjustable ones and when i add bigger plates to thenm they become hard to use as they are bulky thats why i prfer fixed weight ones as they are usually less bulky.

Thats just the kind of idiot your dealing with tho. 5kg plates only just clicked in my mind as i read your post.

Thank christ this is an internet forum Kindred, because if it wasn't I reckon someone would have clocked you by now.

You say you are seeing a PT to help you out and get a routine sorted, yet you are buying more equipment for home. Like everyone else has told you, just find one thing and stick to it for a while.