• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Advice On Gear

My squat gets stuck above parallel so I'm squatting to a box about there (a touch lower would be ideal, might try and use the smaller box with plates on it).
And I failed the slingshot in the same spot I fail normal BP, though right now my AC strain is the limiting factor above all else. (same thing will happen on o/h press, push press is ok but strict is painful).
Anyway . .. the reason I am overloading squat/bench is not to improve lockout or whatever, it's just to get used to having weights above my 1RM and moving with them (primarily anyway, if I happen to get a stronger lockout double win)

Last edited:
Then you need more speed,

If you box lower and get stronger form lower you will power through your sticking point. You need speed.

If your wearing a suit or shirt it gives you the pop and helps you develop speed, i would say your speed is whats limiting you. Getting stronger will help but not just stronger from where you are failing. Stronger from a lower position should = more power, more power lower = fast rise and break through the sticking point.

I feel your pain with the AC i am having the same troubles. Stop pressing ffs.

True true.

Will go to lower box (less sets to work to a triple as weight is significantly lighter) and add in another back squat set or 2.

Unfortunately I may have to follow your advice on not pressing :( Or do stupid light weights for 15+ reps or 10x10

Just dont do it, its better to not press for 2-4 weeks then do shit fuck all for 4 months...

Im not pressing now until nats.. Warm up there and my first lift will let me know what i plan on lifting lol probably 130 or something retarded

Haha. Well I'm not competing at Nats anymore so it is probably worth taking a few weeks off pressing. Might wait til I get back from o/s (late Aug) before pressing and just do light lateral/rear delt/rotator cuff stuff in the mean time.
On Markos' recommendation I did front raises today and they murdered the sore shoulder which is probably telling me something :p

And dw you will still outbench Fuzzy haha

youll out bench fuzzy...

Front raises? They would murder me currently...

Just ice and rest ice and rest..

Thanks for the advice.
Needed someone else to tell me to rest it haha :p

Yeah anything that resembles a front raise (so close grip bench etc) is no good, and I can't even hold myself up to do a dip when previously I've done em with 30kg+ and repped out to 40 with BW

My squat gets stuck above parallel so I'm squatting to a box about there (a touch lower would be ideal, might try and use the smaller box with plates on it).
And I failed the slingshot in the same spot I fail normal BP, though right now my AC strain is the limiting factor above all else. (same thing will happen on o/h press, push press is ok but strict is painful).
Anyway . .. the reason I am overloading squat/bench is not to improve lockout or whatever, it's just to get used to having weights above my 1RM and moving with them (primarily anyway, if I happen to get a stronger lockout double win)

everyone gets stuck the same place on the squat
and its always above parallel if u are tight descending and fast

i think you are wanting to experience weights for the benefit of your CNS
that's all well and good, but i think you can achieve that doing walkouts and qtr squats
or heavying lift outs on the bench with tight shoulders and tight everything

I have an Overkill 2 ply squat suit and metal ace pro bench shirt im going to sell. Hit me up if interested

What do you think of the overkill squat suit. Does it compare to any other squat suits you have used. I am thinking of getting some briefs down the track. Any feedback would be appreciated - thanks

What do you think of the overkill squat suit. Does it compare to any other squat suits you have used. I am thinking of getting some briefs down the track. Any feedback would be appreciated - thanks

I compare it to a titan boss suit, it rips you up a fair bit like a boss but has more recoil out of the hole like a metal ace, its great for deadlifting as well. No problems getting 100kgs carry over with this suit. Id go with overkill breifs definatley you will save about $50 and their custom made. They also don't loose their carry over like some suits over time.

Last edited:
everyone gets stuck the same place on the squat
and its always above parallel if u are tight descending and fast

i think you are wanting to experience weights for the benefit of your CNS
that's all well and good, but i think you can achieve that doing walkouts and qtr squats
or heavying lift outs on the bench with tight shoulders and tight everything

Short term that's my primary focus yeah. ps email me bout wraps/belt

I compare it to a titan boss suit, it rips you up a fair bit like a boss but has more recoil out of the hole like a metal ace, its great for deadlifting as well. No problems getting 100kgs carry over with this suit. Id go with overkill breifs definatley you will save about $50 and their custom made. They also don't loose their carry over like some suits over time.

Thanks for the feedback.

Skala, have you competed before (raw or equipped)?
What are you best lifts?
If you don't mind me asking?

Skala, have you competed before (raw or equipped)?
What are you best lifts?
If you don't mind me asking?

Yeah mate I competed raw in the military . I have also competed for the APF while I was staying over in the US for 12 months. Best lifts equipped in the 275 class (125kgs) where bench 220kg, 385kg squat, and can't remember the deadlift. This was all done in 2 ply, the bench was single ply.