• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Abs like fitness models/ body builder

kindred

How do you get them so big. I understand to see them you gota have low body fat but what about the size? normal crunches etc dont seem to make my muscles bigger just stronger/ endurant if thats a word.

any ideas to make muscles bigger would be cool.

Work you abs like any other muscle, with weight. Don't just do endless cruches, use a plate or medecine ball on your chest for added resistance, then once your bodyfat is low enough you will have a mean set of abs.

Last edited:
Or try a good plastic surgeon.

Just kidding, need lots of hard painfull work, Sit ups, crunchs, lots of different ab workouts out there.

As you said, near on zero % body fat, as the gut is the first place it (fat) goes.

And don`t forget genetics.Some guys get awesome washboard abs with a little effort and others need tons of effort and diet.I am the latter unfortunately. Even in my young days when I played sport almost everyday and cycled everywhere I always had a bit of fat on the stomach even when I was cut everywhere else.After a killer ab workout I sometimes see a two pack and on the very rare occasion a 2 and 2 halves pack.I know they are under there it is just a matter of getting the fat down and keeping it down.......sigh.......