• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ab circle pro?

scrap that workout entirely: your muscles don't need that much volume or recovery time to grow so early in your training. do a full body workout every other day, with lots of compound lifts, instead.

ccm is 100% right too: abs ARE made in the kitchen. scrap the ab exercises completely. deadlifts, squats, and military presses (if done standing or without back support) will all help you build a plenty strong core

Yeah I know. Actually I agree with what everyone's saying. If you look down the bottom of that workout you'll see my current workout in a link. Only I'm doing cardio on my off days. The old workout wasn't working out for me the way I wanted it too.

I know abs are made in kitchen. It's body fat over muscle that's held you up all day your whole life. Really how else could you possibly get a six pack? Cardio is secondary in weight loss to dieting. I eat lean. I've lost 9kgs and gained 1-2 in muscle! I get the point.

I've stated this in one form or another but no one seemed to read it. My question on the Ab Circle Pro was to see if anyone had anything good to say about it because I didn't know and If I came to a conclusion that it could work for me I would look at changing around my workout to do abs and cardio at home rather than at the gym so I didn't have to spend so much time their to get the same amount of training. Move time at home = more sex and more cooking = better abs.

didn't mean to come across like i wasn't paying attention man. i'll admit i kinda only skimmed the thread :/

i still think the workout in that link isn't optimal for a newbie, but if you feel like you're getting good results, roll with it. if you wanna do ab stuff at home, maybe try doing stuff like planks and sit-ups. remember, to properly isolate your abs when doing sit-ups support your legs from behind your ankles (like you're trying to pull them towards your bum but something is locking them in place). that way you wont be bringing in your hip flexors and you wont get that lower back tightness that some people get

Everyone sledging gimmicky ab machines needs to go do 10 roll-outs on the ab wheel or 100 crunches on the ab cruncher ( that cheapy looking frame thing that rolls back and forth) that shit works & I can tell ya from someone with a fucked back the ab cruncher thingy goes a long way to supporting your spine while doing situps. Bosu balls are good for this to (about the only thing they are good for)

I used to prescribe to the school of doing no direct ab work thinking they got enough use squatting but after reading practical programming by ripp I have rethought this and am going to put ab work back into my programme. Alot of strength coaches advocate direct ab work.

For the record, abs are made in the kitchen but I would never advocate scrapping direct core work!!!

My suggestion was simply that if he's already doing it 3 x week and has issues with fat loss, perhaps the whole regime Sticksie is using is not optimal.

ie include some HIIT and other weight training more holistically rather than just doing more "ab exercises".

I do heaps of direct core work, including obliques (often neglected by people because they're not part of the six pack).
Direct core work is great for posture, spinal health, and I defy anyone to suggest that it doesn't help with lifting weights!

If you've got a bad back, I'd suggest clinical pilates is a much better bet than the ab circle pro though. You get rehab to make your back and spine stronger, which the ACP does not.

imho :)

ps ab wheel rollouts are the shiizzz...strong core is my thang :D

For the record, abs are made in the kitchen but I would never advocate scrapping direct core work!!!

I do heaps of direct core work, including obliques (often neglected by people because they're not part of the six pack).
Direct core work is great for posture, spinal health, and I defy anyone to suggest that it doesn't help with lifting weights!

If you've got a bad back, I'd suggest clinical pilates is a much better bet than the ab circle pro though. You get rehab to make your back and spine stronger, which the ACP does not.

imho :)

ps ab wheel rollouts are the shiizzz...strong core is my thang :D

Clinical pilates is shit I had 18months of that with physios when I was on comp and it does nothing for the core that you can't do doing planks, supported crunches and rollouts.

My post wasn't directed at you in particualr ccm, more to the hate on ab work and machines. I've never used the ab circle thing but both the abwheel and crunch frame are infomercial 'wonder' products and they actually work very well. As does bosu ball crunches.

As for abs been made in the kitchen, they aren't made in the kitchen they just become visible if you diet right.

EDIT: I will confess that I have done an about face on abs for a long time I never did any direct ab work and I think my training suffered for it.

Last edited:
OK.

That particular machine, and all those machines, are total RUBBISH.

Of course they don't work.

they were sued because the promises they made regarding the machines were totally bogus. the machine is bogus.

The ads have been banned in NZ too but funnily enough Australia is too stupid to weed that stuff out.

I wouldn't go too hard on us here is Aus. Australia was where it started for the banning and lawsuit against the retarded Power balance bands. That bullshit is a lot more full of crap than even the Ab circle.

Clinical pilates is shit I had 18months of that with physios when I was on comp and it does nothing for the core that you can't do doing planks, supported crunches and rollouts.

My post wasn't directed at you in particualr ccm, more to the hate on ab work and machines. I've never used the ab circle thing but both the abwheel and crunch frame are infomercial 'wonder' products and they actually work very well. As does bosu ball crunches.

As for abs been made in the kitchen, they aren't made in the kitchen they just become visible if you diet right.

EDIT: I will confess that I have done an about face on abs for a long time I never did any direct ab work and I think my training suffered for it.

It is harder to find a tougher ab workout than the ab wheel. They are brutal.

Funny a few years ago at footy training we had the odd session were someone from the local gym said they had a great core workout ( pilaties type thing) for us footy players.

So we did a few sessions there. What a load of shit. After that first time when they said we were going to the local gym for another core workout everyone would drive out and turn left to go to the gym and I would go right and sneak off home. Fuck that shit.

re abs in the kitchen, that's what it means ... they appear via the magic of dieting right...but "making" them requires the core work, for sure to build 'em.

I've been lucky that I was taught to strengthen my core from the day I started training. I've always been grateful for that.