• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

A little competition..

well, you can obviously do 500 single REPS at 60kg, or you could do 250 double reps @ 60kg, as long as it's 60k & a proper squat.....

Your not serious are you Pete, surely your joking?

I like bongos idea, we use a similar formula at our strongman comps, although it slightly favours the lighter guys obviously

please explain? 500 squats with 60kg in as few reps??? I don't understand!:confused:

pretty simple isn't it...who can squat 60kg's 500 times in the least number of reps...I'm guessing the winner will do it in....ummm.....lemme think.....500 reps...

Crack....PowerBuilder...get off it!

the NFL does a 100kg bench for reps comp. I reckon thats too light.
I think the following would be cool:
squat 225 raw for reps
bench 150 raw for reps
deadlift 225 raw for reps

Yeh but they get close to 50 reps with 100kg, thats impressive

I have kid training with me thats in line for a scholarship at a College in the states next year.

He is 18, 6'7" and 137kg. He has been told he needs to weigh 150kg.

The test they do is benching 87.5kg for reps, the college test is lower.

Ima thinkin he means sets, continous no break between a rep. But that is just my guess. That or he totally screwed up what he wrote.

With the size and strength of some of our new members, which are an absolute blessing I might add, a 60kg squat challenge may be better suited to the BB section or the ladies section.

There are now quite a few guys on here who squat over 200kg raw, some approaching 300kg.

The strength section is becoming bonafide, we may have to readjust our preconcieved ideas of strength. This is a good thing.

A Crossfit type challenge like Pete suggested probably doesnt fit here, although I think it has merit.

You guys know I had 3 guys do over 100 reps with 60kg at PTC. Its tedious and boring, and they have never bothered again.

20 rep squats are good, 200kg deadlift for reps is good, but 500 rep squats, not so good

Yeh but they get close to 50 reps with 100kg, thats impressive

I have kid training with me thats in line for a scholarship at a College in the states next year.

He is 18, 6'7" and 137kg. He has been told he needs to weigh 150kg.

The test they do is benching 87.5kg for reps, the college test is lower.

wow- he is a big dude!
benching 100lbs gets boring. I did 140lbsx20, I hate reps but there is something thats cool about the pain it brings.

Last edited:
I weigh 130 so 140 isn't much more than bodyweight, plus i haqve short arms.

i got all muddled up. If you do 250 double reps @ 60kg, then you'll beat somebody who does 500 single reps. It may not be valid here afterall

howabout we just do a bench, squats, and dead, video it, post it and bodyweight, from the one gym session.
work out a wilks score.

or you can have bench this month squats next month, deads next, max dips next, pullup after etc.

Give us all a month to come up with the goods. and have a winner at the end of the month.

Every month we could have a different comp, or goal to aim for.

By basing it on or comparing it to bodyweights or wilks scores it will even out the playing field and make it easier to judge.

Last edited: