• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

A 17-Year Old Russian Powerlifter

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
According to an interview she held, she never even intended to become a professional powerlifter when she first began working out – she was simply looking for strength and self-confidence. After seeking the help of a powerlifting trainer, she excelled at the sport and is now preparing for her first competition in September. Julia has attracted both admiration and criticism, but this hasn’t fazed her.
“There will always be people who respect my choice, or simply adequately explain why they don’t agree with it, but there is nothing to be gained by trying to defame someone who is following their dream,” I, for one, am happy to give her my respect and, should she ever happen to ask me for it, my lunch money.
Source: girlswithmuscle.com | vk.com

Julia Vins: final training 2013 :) - YouTube

i'm confused after watching the vid what's the idea with lifting with the resistance bands as opposed to just adding more plates?

No way that's al-naturale!

Imagine bonking someone with wider shoulders and biceps than you.. I'd get sudden brain and cock freeze, at the same time.

Are you bloke here fucking serious. That shit is horrendous.

I suppose its ok if you are into fucking chicks that look like blokes. Each to their own.

i'm confused after watching the vid what's the idea with lifting with the resistance bands as opposed to just adding more plates?

The general principle is to make it harder in the areas that you're stronger, like how someone might be able to quarter squat 200 kg but only do 160 kg if they go to parallel. So at the bottom of a squat the bands don't do anything, while as you go up (and are able to move more weight) the bands come into play and make it more difficult for you. For more info look up accommodating resistance.

As for my thoughts, looking at the side pic, is it just me or does it look like the back half of her shoulder is missing?

Still, if she's doing what she wants to do, I can't really fault her for that.