• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

7-Keto Who has used it

T

toasted

Hi All, I have just had a conversation with a guy i work with who was talking about a supplement that he is taking called 7keto. Now he didnt research anything about it, he only read the bottle it came in. So i have had a quick look on what i could find about this. So my question is does it work, or is it a overhyped supplement that is only designed to make the supplement companys money.

A bit of resaerch for the interested ppl

Description:
7-Keto (3-Acetyl-7-Oxo-dehydroepiandrosterone) is a naturally occurring metabolite of DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone). In the body, 7-Keto is not converted into testosterone or estrogen to any appreciable degree. 7-Keto, as a downstream metabolite of DHEA, is produced in the body during the degradation of DHEA. 7 Keto can be measured in the blood as a ketosteroid.

Claims:
Improves immune system function
Aids in weight reduction / Thermogenic
Supports thyroid function
Non-androgenic or estrogenic
Enhances memory

Theory:
Because 7-Keto is a downstream metabolite of DHEA it is promoted as being a “non-androgenic” or “estrogenic” version of DHEA. It is also promoted as a weight loss aid for its supposed thermogenic effect. Animal studies demonstrate that it can enhance thermogenesis, which may translate into weight loss. Because DHEA levels decline as we age and ketosteroids are made from DHEA, all conditions which may benefit from DHEA supplementation, may also benefit from 7-Keto.

The key words here in the theory are "may" and "can" enhance thermogenesis not, does, and will, so it's really inconclusive. Try it for yourself and see how it goes. I don't know if it's still available in Aust. Is it?

from a supplement shop here its around $90 for a months supply, im currently looking to see if it legal to import into australia and if it is you can get it from iherb for around $30 delivered.

Shrek no i didnt end up using it. i decided that i was going to hit all my goals the old fasion way, with hard work. shrek have you ever used it?

Ok i have been given a full tub of 7-Keto for free this weekend, so im going to give this a try. I will be doing a full report once the tub is finished with weights and measurments and any side effects i have seen.

Noobs i totaly agree with you, however i got this lot for free so i thought that i would try it out and see if it does do what it says it does.

Shrek, this stuff that i have been given is in a powder form, hence a little tub.

Shrek the brand is powerzone nutrition i think, and its 47.6mg per gram.