• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

60g of creatine a day for 1 month

Creatine

Here are a number of articles that suggest that creatine is almost magical.

I will be watching Oni's diary with great interest to see just how much his strength improves in coming weeks.

Creatine

Here are a number of articles that suggest that creatine is almost magical.

I will be watching Oni's diary with great interest to see just how much his strength improves in coming weeks.

Put me down as the first one to pick 'fuck all'. His power to weight will go backwards if he wasn't already loaded.

Mick i have already linked it. All you need to do is look at the cite notes in the book anyway and then google the name of the paper and click on he pubmed link

Mick i have already linked it. All you need to do is look at the cite notes in the book anyway and then google the name of the paper and click on he pubmed link

Checked all the links you posted and did not see it :( unless I missed something, I am talking about the study that used 60 gram of creatine.

May be link it again:)

This is a sign of the times

Where we need to read scientific documents in an attempt to work out whether a substance works, then read conflicting results, more often than not these scientific documents are written by people who have utterly no experience with *hard, weight , training*

The document is validated by a scientific body that also has no idea about the subject matter.

We have a young fellow now experimenting with it.

It madness.

We have a footy club that jabs their players with needles and works them into the ground in an attempt to make them better footballers.

At the end of the day you will NOT make chicken soup out of chicken shit.
A 200kg 1 RM squat is NOT going to make you a better footballer.

Supplements are not going to make you a power lifter

As I've said before, you can make a racehorse strong but it will never be a draught horse you can train a draught horse to be fast, but it will never be a racehorse.

That sounds like a dangerous amount, isn't there a point where it becomes saturated?

Did you actually read anything in this thread apart from the heading???

Read the posts it has probably been mentiond at least 4-5 times that it is not about saturation. :cool:

This is a sign of the times

Where we need to read scientific documents in an attempt to work out whether a substance works, then read conflicting results, more often than not these scientific documents are written by people who have utterly no experience with *hard,

We have a footy club that jabs their players with needles and works them into the ground in an attempt to make them better footballers.

At the end of the day you will NOT make chicken soup out of chicken shit.
A 200kg 1 RM squat is NOT going to make you a better footballer.

Supplements are not going to make you a power lifter

As I've said before, you can make a racehorse strong but it will never be a draught horse you can train a draught horse to be fast, but it will never be a racehorse.

So what are you saying???

Ignore scientific studies and just make it up as you go??

And what is the point of the racehorse analogy? So if you are fat don't bother losing weigh as you will never be a fitness model, if you are weak don't bother lifting weights as you will never make the Mr Universe stage?.:confused:

Your post makes no sense at all, as it speaks against everything we try and do on this forum.

Whats the update? any weight or strength gains noticable so far?

My strict press is up again. That is close grip starting from the chest and not the wide grip from the chin that I was doing before if anyone wonders why I went from a 1RM of 60kg to around 56-57kg lol. It's really too early to tell much though. Has it even been 5 days yet? lol
I find measuring PRs hard as well because I set most of my big PRs when I peak for a competition so I usually don't get much in between then. Like in August I hit 137.5/75/190 then around December/January I hit 155/90/200... then nothing again most likely until meet in April!

Let's see what it's like at the end of 30 days

Last edited:
So what are you saying???

Ignore scientific studies and just make it up as you go??

And what is the point of the racehorse analogy? So if you are fat don't bother losing weigh as you will never be a fitness model, if you are weak don't bother lifting weights as you will never make the Mr Universe stage?.:confused:

Your post makes no sense at all, as it speaks against everything we try and do on this forum.

1. Yes, I'm actually suggesting not to read scientific documents relating to supplements.

The analogy refers to a person built like mr bean wanting to compete at an elite level of powerlifting or strongman.
Lifting weight will indeed make him strong, but taking supplements will not make the difference.

If you have a problem losing fat, I would suggest you not get involved in the modelling industry, considering the emphasis of diet and appearence at top levels.

I'm not saying don't waste time weight training, I'm saying drugs and supplement taking will make little difference for the average joe.

That sort of made sense I guess. :)

Each to their own, I believe supplements (the right ones not media marketing hype) can make a big difference.

I have just upped my creatine intake and have noticed a difference.

I like my WPI for convenient no mess protein, and some fish oil and multi vitamin, that's as far as my supps go, oh sorry been using BCAA's but not sure I will bother once they run out.

They are only supplements, not my whole diet. Love my quality whole food protein sources, salad and veggies, so no problems there:)

Oni isn't your bench of 90kg touch and go? Why list it in comparison to meet lifts which require a pause?

Did 160kg squat today
Bench press was miserable the last two days but I think they were just off days
Here are the pics I took on Friday. Forgot to take them in the gym so had to do them at home where the lighting isn't as good but I'm sure you get the idea

FUJ4qH0.jpg

fUI4gK2.jpg

Pressing is going very well at the moment. Been doing my shoulder presses ultra strict military press style, should get 60kg on that soon. Push pressing is way up. Some good pulls have been done as well, 230kg on the trap bar. Squats have been shit since that 160kg though but that's the price you pay for two reasonably big PBs in one week lol

Photos tomorrow